TV shows and films not available on VHS or DVD

I’d love to see DVD releases of Parker Lewis Can’t Lose and Herman’s Head. My college roommates and I spent many a drunken night laughing our asses off at those shows.

WTWR was kinda blah the first time and when I saw it again on TVLand about tenyears ago, it hadn’t held up well at all. *Men in Tights * is much better.

1.) The BBC version of Day of the Triffids. It’s available overseas, but not in US format
2.) The 1959 series Men Into Space has never, to my knowlerdge, been available in any video form. Even descriptions of the show and episode guides never appeared in printed form, even in books specializing in SF TV. The only time I’ve seen them has been on the internet.
3.) Crusader Rabbit, Jay Ward’s pre-Rocky and Bullwinkle show, in the same mold. A very few episodfes appeared on VHS, but even a complete story, AFAIK, hasn’t been available in any form, let alone a season.

4.) Judge Dee and the Monastery Murders, Nicholas Meyer’s great adaptation of Robert H. Van Gulik’s T’ang Chinese detective stories. An abortive piltot for a series that sadly never was. I taped it off TV, but AFAK, it’s never been commercially availasble. For that matter, I’d love to see the entire run of the British Judge Dee series.

5.) Any episodes of the British science fiction series Out of This World and Out of the Unknown. Done on the cheap, I understand, but they adapted classic stories by Asimov, Heinlein, and others.

Yes – wasn’t that wonderful? It was released on VHS – I had a copy I bought at a garage sale, believe it or not. I sold it on eBay when I got rid of my VCR. Got ~$40 for it, so apparently you and I aren’t the only fans.

For me, I’d like to see another old mini-series – Testimony of Two Men with the entirely yummy David Birney. It was never released on video at all, let alone DVD, and I haven’t seen it since the last time I caught part of it on cable – I was still in Navy, so that’s more than 20 years ago.

Thirty Something. Music soundtrack again. :mad:

My favorite tearjerker, Sunshine. This was a television movie made in Canada about a young mother with terminal cancer recording her thoughts and feelings on cassette so her infant daughter will have something with which to know her mother. I get choked up just thinking about it. The soundtrack made extensive use of John Denver recordings, so I assume there’s some kind of problem with copyrights.

The short-lived TV series, Action! This was an hysterically funny sitcom about a corrupt Hollywood film producer.

*Tales from the Darkside * was once available on VHS but is currently out of print. Used copies are available on eBay and Amazon, but apparently the series never made it to DVD.

Now there was a series. I’d really like to see The Last Car again. I liked the bit where the woman was standing on the platform and the exit sign fell down. Heh. nothing like a little Sartre reference! To this day I still want to shout Tunnel! when driving through one.

And the episode with Fritz Weaver and the college girl and the creature under the bed was good too. (IIRC, that one was directed by Tom Savini.)

If Scifi.com’s cable showings of Tales from the Dark Side get high enough ratings, perhaps someone will decide to bring out a DVD.

I was going to tape them last night, but the cable went out! :mad:

They’re showing it? When?

8 PM to 12 PM Monday nights. Four whole hours!

Actually, they seem to be showing it at random times – there was an episode of ** Tales from the Dark Side ** on last night after the Battlestar Galactica recap.

Thought of another good one, what with Halloween coming up and all: MTV’s FEAR. They did put out one DVD called “Inside FEAR”, which was most decidedly not an episode of the show.

The show was great. They’d lead a group of twentysomething folks, blindfolded, to a safe house, wake them up at about 2 AM, and they’d get “tasks” to complete on the property. The property was a scary location, such as an abandoned prison, a condemned mental hospital, a rusted-out cement factory, or something similar. The tasks were along the lines of, turn out your lights and sit in this room for 15 minutes in silence, remove the dust cloth from the electric chair, or (in one case), open a box and let a tarantula sit on your hand for three minutes. Oh, and once they had a guy put a rope around his neck while another girl had to throw a weight over a railing, which appeared to be attached to the other end of the rope (it wasn’t). And man, did the contestants get scared. On one episode, as I recall, all of them quit before the second night of tasks, so they had to bring in a new group.

Rocko’s Modern Life

For some reason, Sidekicks starring Chuck Norris is not available on DVD. It’s actually making me kind of sad. I miss the awesome combination of cheese and ass-kicking that only Chuck Norris and Jonathan Brandis can deliver.

In looking at the upcoming releases to DVD, I noticed some good news for you. Beverly Hills 90210 Season 1 is apparently being released on DVD next month. November 7th to be precise.

I’m happy to see that St. Elsewhere’s first season will be coming out in December.

I’m one of those who would very much like to see WKRP again. Sigh.

Holmes & Yoyo, the complete first (half) season :slight_smile:

I’d like to see the old '70s series UFO on DVD. Anyone know if it can be found?

Yes. It can me found on my DVD shelf. :smiley:

It’s available over here, have a look That any good to you? Got the theme tune playing in my head now.

I actually have this on VHS, bought over fifteen years ago. I always though I’d be the only person in the world who would want it.