Twas the Week Before Christmas and All Thru the MMP

Good Mornin’ Y’all! Up and caffeinatin’. YAWN ‘Tis 34 Amurrkin out and clear (well, dark) with a predicted high of 65 and mostly N.O.S. for the day. I shall deheathenate Luterun style this mornin’ bein’ as I agreed to do ush duty at nine a.m. After that I shall return to da cave. Around fiveish I shall return to the church house to do candle duty as we have Evensong at six p.m. Then, tomorrow, I shall again return to the church house for candle duty to make sure candles are ready for the five p.m. Christmas Eve service. Then I shall betake myself back over to the church house around nine p.m. for candle duty to ready candles for the ten-thirty p.m. Christmas Eve service, at which I have ush duty. I should just pack a bag and spend the night. :smiley: Oh well, keeps me outta trouble I reckon.

Now I need more caffeine and rumbly tummy demands sustenance. Purtification for deheathenization must also commence at some point.

Happy Sunday Y’all!

Happy Festivus!
[FONT=“Impact”] I GOT A LOTTA PROBLEMS WITH YOU PEOPLE, AND YOU’RE GONNA HEAR ALL ABOuT IT![/FONT]
Up, caffeinated ,and sheveled. Off to work. Hockey after work.

Of course I’m awake stoopit early on a Sunday… I was having a weird dream about being stranded in a non-existent county west of Indianapolis, trying to figure out how to get home. Maybe I’ll doze, or maybe not.

The back yard is brightly lit by the full moon, and it’s cold out. That’s all I have right now.

Happy Sunday!!!

Happy Sunday!
Happy Festivus!

Come sit next to me Doggio and tell me all.

It’s a cloudy 34 degrees outside and now the WPTB are calling for rain.
I hope not, we need to put the yard waste bags out as this is the last collection day until March. I’m afraid the bags will get too wet and fall apart.

I guess all we can do is wait and see, and if need be take the bags to the recycle center later in the week.

I woke too early, around 5am. I couldn’t get back to sleep so I figured I may as well get up. It’s not like I can’t take a nap later.
I should have gotten up and ready to go out and take Ripple to day care. He was such a pest yesterday, I know he just wants to play but there is irk to be done and it goes a lot faster and easier without his ‘help’.

I’ve decided that since my son can’t go for Christmas, (has to stay home with the dog, and I just can’t express how disappointed he is :rolleyes:), that we will go down around New Years so he can spend some time with his grandmother, and I can visit with a few friends that I won’t see over Christmas.
I have two more gifts coming today for the step-nieces. I decided to get them something more, so I ordered two of those reusable notebooks, the kind you stick in the microwave to erase the pages.
My son has a few more presents coming but they probably won’t be here until after Christmas, not that he cares anyway. It’s hard to buy for people who don’t want anything.

Howdy. Lazy day thus far. Hubby is installing new ceiling fans and once he’s finished I have a ton of housework to get my house back in shape for the holiday.

Happy Sunday all!

Finally cleaned the critter fountain. I think I shall assume the recliner position with Netflix and a pile of yarn.

Moooom, in that non-existant county, could you take an existing freeway to Indy? :stuck_out_tongue:

Up, breakfasting, caffeinating, and getting ready for a day of sloth.

Hosting my sis, BIL, and my niece for our Christmas today. Gourmet meatloaf, scalloped Tate’s, and green bean casserole. YUM!

Howdy Y’all! I deheathenated, had brunch (well, a ham 'n cheese omelet, grits, and toast) and have achieved nappage. In a while I head back over to the church house for round two.

Red, I don’t know about a freeway, but I do know I was in the mountains of Indiana…:laughing:

Supper was meatloaf, broccoli, and cabbage. Sadly, no cake for dessert… My life is so hard…

:stuck_out_tongue:

Huh, looks like I don’t have enough money in my bank account to pay rent this month. I’ll have to think of some way to do it.
I probably have less money than I thought because I had a pretty big credit card bill due to having to keep throwing money at my stupid phone. Maybe that can be fixed, though. And being sick and buying cough drops and other sickness-related things can’t really help.

We had a cold snap for a few days, with temps no higher than the 70s. But it’s back into the 80s now, 83 degrees Fahrenheit at 2:35pm. Santa plans to stop off here for some scuba diving on his way back home.

Keep dreaming, bub. :dubious:
Dog scratched me at the base of my thumb nail with her nail; literally only two or three drops of blood. Man, did it sting in the shower, though. I (playfully) bopped her in revenge. :smiley:

Thank you. I see now. Had always thought a white Christmas was something they had in areas with no minorities.

I stepped out today for a Tar-jay/prescription run and had lunch at a not too shabby Chinese buffet. It was the first time I’d been in one for a couple of years, but they did have a couple of good dishes. Tar-jay was crazy and I was glad to get out of there.

I was prepared for more Grievances to air, I got Feat of Strength from the Canes. :smiley: And I’m off tomorrow.

Hear, hear! Festivus!! We aired grievances, but we haven’t done the feats of strength. :smiley:

Good Mornin’ Y’all! Up and caffeinatin’. YAWN ‘Tis 44 Amurrkin out and N.O.S. with a predicted high of 60 and N.O.S. for the day. Looks like we are all slugs abed this mornin’. This mornin’ at some point I shall head over to the church house to perform candle duty for the five p.m. service. Then back before the ten-thirty service this evenin’ to do the same, as well as perform ush duty for that service. We do carry on at Christmas. Like EYP said last night, what with a service last Thursday night, three services yestiddy, and two today, it’s like rehearsal for Holy Week and Easter. Speakin’ of Easter, the date for 2019 is April 21st, on the lateish end for Easter.

Feats of strength? Well, last night I hauled the biiiiiiiiiiiiig trash can all the way down to the road for pickup today. Does that count? :smiley:

Now I need more caffeine and rumbly tummy demands to be fed. Then I suppose I shall purtify and don appropriate goin’ about the public attire. Such a bother!

Happy Moanday/Christmas Eve Y’all!

A beautiful Christmas Eve morning. Been a little rain during the night, but right now it’s clear and 73 degrees at 7:14am.

New MMP thread here.