Two second-grade girls stabbed and killed, way too close to home....

Let’s not condemn someone who took out a chainsaw wielding maniac because he managed not to kill the maniac. Some maniacs are redeemable and we are supposed to have courts to pass judgment, due process and all that.

The worst thing about opposing the death penalty is the category of people I have to protect. Gah, it makes me sick. :mad:

I dunno, if I whallop a chainsaw weilding maniac, I’m gonna make sure that he’s dead. I mean, I’ve seen enough horror movies to know that some times they just lay there, waiting for you to turn your back, before springing back to life.

According to today’s Trib, the girlfriend specifically invited him to come up to Zion and live with them after he was released from prison. Why would she do this? Get ready… she loves him. :confused:

There is correlation between severe brain injury and increased levels of violence. I must admit, running after your neighbors with a chain saw is one hell of a baseline. Until medicine figures out how to physically repair the brain, there’s not much we can do but lock them up.

Not that it happens today, but forced “confessions” were at the heart of the Illonois scandal.