Uh... did they just show a goatse image on CNN?

I wasn’t paying attention.

Was that really this image they referred to during the weather?

For the love of god, why? Did they get the reference? What the… Were they totally oblivious? Do they repeat the weather or was that a one-off?

What the blue hell?

Uh, that’s not an actual link to Goatse Man, is it? I’m afraid to click it and find out.

:smack: Sorry, no!

It’s a cloudy sky photoshopped (crudely) to obliquely resemble that iconic image, with the sun shining out of where the sun ordinarily does not shine.

Vague enough that could see how some innocent might not register it as a rude image at all. But still, out of context, what makes the image humorous? I don’t get it.

“That’s no hill!”

It looks like one of those “Weathershot Of The Day” provided by a viewer. I’m with you though… how do you miss that? I’ve never seen goatse but now I’m afraid I’ve got a pretty good idea of what’s been freaking people out.

In what context did they refer to that particularly image? (Good for a chuckle if you’ve ever had the traumatic misfortune of seeing the real goatse).

Even if they thought it was an amusing photoshop job of something more innocent, I can’t think of any reason why anyone would use it on the news.

It’s worse than you think… really… shudder

As long as we don’t get a tubgirl in the sky, I mean goatse is bad enough but tubgirl…::vomiting smiley::

No, silly - that’s at the other end.

If you really, must know, feel free to Wikipedia thyself. (I’ll be goddamned if I’m gonna link to any of those mirrors myslef.)

No way, man. What people do with poop and chutes freaks me out.

If it was anyone but you lieu I might take that sentence seriously. Just google it and get it over with. It’s yucky but it’s not THAAAAT horrible. What you’re imagining is probably worse than the reality. There isn’t even any poop in the picture.

Just the chute.

Don’t do it!

I hope that isn’t an omen.

Whatever event it might be foreshadowing, it can’t possibly be good :eek:

(And yes, I was unfortunate enough to have seen Goatse.)

Until today, I thought Femi Oke was attractive. Now, I can’t look her straight in the eye…

Hooray, I didn’t imagine it.

What the…?

The usenet article mentioning it just vanished. :confused:

Vanished? Must be a Google glitch. I saw the post in your link, but then when I went to go back to it a second time it vanished for me too.

WTF? :confused:

I’m gonna go see if there’s anything at Snopes (wonder if it was a prank or a hoax or something…)

Weird. I quit my browser. Started up a brand new session and got to the usenet post again (this time I took a screenshot in case it vanishes again.

Off to Snopes…

“We’re expecting strong downburst winds today…”

Eurrgghh. Even reading the Wikipedia article started to make me feel ill. And the description of “tubgirl” was worse than the one I thought they were referring to, on Rotten.com.

I didn’t finish the Wikipedia article.

:: quease ::