UK Football Season 2009/2010

No, we don’t, but I’m not worried just yet. Stressed out a little, but not worried.
Oh, who am I kidding. :rolleyes: Yeah, we beat Bolton, but the match shouldn’t have been as close as it was. A bit of a rest now; maybe we’ll come back with a little bit of the fire we’ve been lacking so far.

Mental news this week, as Chelsea are banned from signing players until 2011 (two transfer windows), after being caught offering a bribe to a young Lens player to break his contract. I’d say it’s 50/50 that it’ll be reduced to one window on appeal to the CAS, but that’ll still be Ancelotti’s first proper transfer window at the club. Great stuff. Improved contract terms, anyone? Please don’t leave us; please don’t leave. :smiley:

Hard to know what they’ll appeal on either, aside from precedent; even there they might have trouble, as a Kuwaiti club apparently had the same punishment meted out for the same offence (and upheld by the CAS).

With any luck manyoo will suffer the same fate as Chelski, or worse :smiley: as they also are under investigation for being less than honest about their transfer dealings.

In other news: The mighty Rochdale were losing 3-0 at HT last night against the sleeping giants of Morecambe. With typical Dale fortitude they fought back to draw 3-3, the point gained meant that they jump from position 13 in the league to 8th.

Up the Dale

Actually Fifa say they haven’t received a complaint about Man U’s signing of Pogba; so at this point it’s just another club sounding off. Interesting to see if anything comes of it, though.

‘Ahem’

Manchester City 4 Arsenal 2…:smiley:
++++++++++++++

Rochdale 2 Torquay 0

“Benayoun” and “hat trick”: Two things not often placed next to each other.

And I know it was just Burnley, but we looked a lot better today than we have so far this season.

Best part about it was goals by Sean-Wright Phillips and by Craig Bellamy, not the “hired hands.”

Oh, and an own goal by Almunia. Makes the day pretty perfect. :smiley:

After Adebayor’s antics on Saturday it appears that the FA are looking into this and he could be hit with a lengthy ban.

Please may it not happen

My Tigers fought valiantly, but fell 4-1 to Sunderland on Saturday.
Oh well, on to Anfield!

So Adebayor stamps on Van Persie’s face and runs 90 yards to the away fans to get them riled up (which leads to a steward getting knocked out by thrown debris) and you think he should receive no punishment? Even his teammates and the Manchester police say he acted poorly.

As for the game, not much to say - Arsenal stunk.

Of course I don’t want him punished, he plays for the team I follow.

It’s more than likely he’ll get a ban for the stamping incident which I think was deplorable.

As for the goal celebration…let’s be sensible here, Adebayor was getting grief from Arsenal fans while he was a player for them, he was also getting plenty of abuse at Eastlands, banana skins thrown at him among other things…again from Arsenal fans.

So then he scores, what’s he expected to do?

Trot back calmly to the centre circle or celebrate the goal by showing the Arsenal fans just what they’ve lost, a damn fine footballer.

While we’re at it, what about van Persies shouting ‘fuck off’ at the City fans, this is also under investigation

Celebrate in front of his own supporters, like everyone else (everyone else who isn’t brain damaged, at least). Notice Toure was warmly received by the Gunners fans? It’s because, unlike Adebayor, he’s not a complete cock.

Personally, instead of running to the other end and celebrating, I think he should have run to the other end and pulled out a Sharpie and offered to sign autographs. Much more inventive, much the same message, much less confrontational.

:smiley:

Exactly. He spent the week slagging on Arsenal fans and praising Man City fans - fine, he’s a Man City player now. But there is absolutely no reason to run the entire length of the pitch just to antagonize the supporters or your former team when you could just do your dance in front of your new supporters. In the end he’s just an idiot, but that is not something that anyone who’s followed him can be very surprised about.

If he just gets a ban for the stamping I can live with it - that kind of violence on the pitch is completely unnecessary and entirely on the players while the celebration indecent is at least partially the fault of the Arsenal supporters.

Also thankfully it looks like the Eduardo UEFA ban has been lifted - avoiding a very dangerous precedent that I don’t think UEFA wanted to have to live with.

Odd that in all this discussion, no one has seen fit to acknowledge the greatest win of the weekend. The forces of truth & justice dispatching Satan’s evil blue-clad minions.

Yeah that would have gone down a treat:dubious:

Bolton over Portsmouth? Or Fulham over Everton? :wink:

Hmmmmm…

No one cares about Birmingham, either. :wink:

Are there any footie teams from Birmingham? <blink blink>