UK Football Season 2009/2010

Seriously, what is this? A bust on Villa convention? Why don’t you scousers go back to stealing each others hub caps and sellign each other shell suits, and you Londoners go back to sitting quietly through the entire game in you overpriced seats?

My inner child is in the corner crying right now.

villa Considering that Bolton, Portsmouth.Fulham and Everton are positioned lower in the league than Villa I don’t really think they’ve much to crow about.

Innit?

Ah well, it is early doors yet.

I think we will finish above most of them this season. But who knows. I never underestimate the ability of Villa to choke.

Adebayor’s cuntiness seems to have overshadowed not only a good win by Man City (Rosicky looked on fire for Arsenal but this was obviously unmatched by the rest of the team), but also the first Manchester United performance this season that suggested they may after all be able to retain their title. Apart from the very early lapse, they looked absolutely imperious, and Spurs, one of the Premiership’s better sides, and in form to boot, had no answer.

It seems Adebayor has been banned 3 matches for the stamp, with further punishment possible for his celebration. Does 3 matches seem a bit lenient to anyone else?

3 matches looked a tad low to me as well. Then I remembered what a prissy little wankstain Van Persie is, and it seems about fair.

Posh got their first win of the season yesterday! We came back from 2-0 down at half time to win 3-2. We should have won a couple of games ago but we suffered a terrible offside decision to disallow a goal. It’s funny to see the top Premier League clubs moan about referees when you see how terrible the lower league officials are.

Anyway. Up to 18th now! We’ve not been playing badly in any game, just lacking a little luck. Then again, I bet all clubs down near the bottom say that…

For chowder: “Who are ya? Who are ya?” :slight_smile:

Ohh, gloating before the final whistle? Brave man!

Shit! :slight_smile: Derbies…you’ve gotta love 'em!

Do you think they’ve stopped scoring yet? United need to stop losing concentration against the lesser teams…

EDIT: LOL. Nice.

Oh, I love football! :smiley:

"Glory, glory Man United! Glory, glory Man United! Glory, glory Man United… as the Red’s go marching on, on, on! "

6 minutes of extra time?

WTF was that about?

And then that little bastard dwarf has to fucking score.

Fuckety fuck fuckers

I like checking out the BBC forums after a game to see what the talking points are. It doesn’t take a genius to work out they’re all complaining about the amount of added time.

AFAIK after the board was put up showing 4 mins City scored and United made a sub. That’s where the extra 1 minute and 30 seconds came from. Or Man U cheat, whichever explanation you prefer :wink: .

It’s always been the same, fucking fergie time added on until the rag bastards score.

Anyway, it’s a hollow victory as far as I’m concerned. We were without Adebayor and Robinho and with those two players on we would have stuffed the red fuckers good and proper

Heh, as far as you’re concerned it was a loss :wink: . Maybe you should have bought more strikers to cover potential injuries/suspensions, It’s not like you ran out of money.

Don’t worry. Chelsea weren’t able to buy the league on their first attempt either, they started off with a much stronger base.

a loss is a loss is a loss… City was dominated at times, but showed some mettle in a tough environment, and Giggs was incredible. I was sorely disappointed in the finish, but a great match nonetheless. SAF- stay classy.

City were dominated “at times”? Try the entire second half :wink:

Between their two goals they probably strung two passes together at most.

Chelsea are the only team not shipping stupid goals - Liverpool were poor against Wet Spam, and we relied again on our two main players to pull us out of the hole. Torres or Gerrard get injured? Liverpool are stuffed.

He scored twice didn’t he? Oh… you don’t mean Bellamy?

I got this from another board:

I’m struggling to see where the problem lies. I had to record the match in the morning, and didn’t get to watch til late last night. Suffice to say, I had to keep the yelling and running through the apartment to a minimum at 11:30pm. Owen!

(Ugh, Rio, what were you doing? Ugh, Foster, what were you doing?)