Unintentionally amusing movie deaths

The propellor death in Titanic also caused me to be the only one to guffaw loudly in a theatre full of sobbing (or at least solemn) movie goers.

It’s been a long time, but there was one death in Lawnmower Man involving a flying lawnmower (of course) that was pretty frigging hilarious.

Finally, a movie I saw last night (on video), Reign of Fire, has a good one…

Matthew McConaughey’s character jumps from the top of a smokestack, brandishing a battle axe… right into the mouth of a dragon.

Jeez, I was thinking of the part where a bullet passes through the edge of a grunt’s helmet, miraculously missing his head by the barest of margins, and the poor guy takes the helmet off to incredulously stick his finger in the bullet-hole, only to be hit right between the eyes by another bullet.

I wouldn’t say it was unintentionally amusing, but it sure seemed incongruous.

Star Wars: Attack of the Clones when

Not really the death so much, but when young Boba Fett picks up his father’s helmet after the battle. I thought it would have been really funny (though probably sick!) if the head had fallwen out and he’d dropped it and screamed.

I also remember getting a serious case of the giggles during Interview with the Vampire when

Lestat was crawling over the floor gagging as blood poured out of his THROAT-not his mouth, but from where Claudia slashed him.

If you look closely during the scene where his head gets cut off, you can see the shadow of the head flying out of the helmet in a different direction. So, from Boba’s POV, he probably did see the head fall out of the helmet.

Another one - (no spoilers, b/c the movie was crappy) - The Matt Dillon movie A Kiss Before Dying, there’s a scene where Matt Dillon suddenly throws his girlfriend (Sean Young’s twin sister) off the top of a building, and the POV is about six inches in front of Sean Young’s face as she plummets to her death, crashing through awnings, etc, then hitting the ground as blood spills out behind her, all shown as if they sped up the film. Needlessly jarring and silly.

Actually, I remember reading in some movie error site that you should be able to see, during the death scene, the head fall out of the helmet before Boba picks it up. So it’s not quite as gross as it first appears. :smiley:

I was almost thrown out of the theater for giggling all the way through “The Last Temptation of Christ,” and I did the same for much of “Saving Private Ryan” … and I LOVED “Titanic” or the same reason!

I saw “Natural Born Killers” in Times Square at midnight where some of the audience had brought their babies in strollers. People were shouting encouraging remarks such as “Kill the mtherfcker!”

Gah! Damn you, Dooku, and your Jedi split-second timing that slips you through previews unnoticed! I can’t wait 'til Mace or whoever puts you down in Episode III! :stuck_out_tongue:

**Pulp Fiction ** when Vincent (John Travolta) accidently shot the guy in the back seat of the car.

I admit to laughing at **Wild at Heart ** when Willem Dafoe accidently shoots his head off. David Lynch made it murky and gray to avoid an “X” rating and maybe that was it – really I think I laughed because I was so shocked…it was so upsetting … whatever I laughed

It is obvious that this reply contest cannot be decided by our knowledge of the Force…but by our skills with a keyboard. :slight_smile:

I considered posting that, but figured that the humour was completely intentional.

I would say the very end of One Night at McCool’s, where

The dumpster falls on that guy at the very end.

It may not be unintentionally funny (it is a comedy after all), but that seemed to come out of nowhere and have no point to it. There must be something I missed, otherwise it’s just an amusing nonsequitor to end the movie on a bizarre note.

I didn’t realize that you and I were friends outside of here.

I recall having a discussion with a very religious friend after watching Passion, where I tried to convince her that, by definition, Jesus was now a zombie.

-Superdude, whose real name starts with a K.

The movie of Shakespeare’s Julius Caesar that we watched in 10th grade.

And Caeser gets stabbed…but not all at once, no… the first stab happens, then he dances and writhes a bit, then the next and more dancing and writhing and whirling, and then the next… and on and on and on and on and on and possibly the longest death scene in the history of film. The class was in hysterics by “Et tu, Brute”

slight nitpick: Dave Prowse is from Bristol. you’ve written that as if he’s cockerney. it’d be more like: “yalreddy have, my love”.

or something.

One of the crazy 88 in kill bill getting his eye poked out made me piss myself in the cinema, although no-one else did. not sure if he dies though.

Or that lass getting creamed by the bus in Final Destination. too funny.

The best death scene was the chick in “LOVE STORY”-you were so annoyed with her that you WISHED she would just die and get out of the picture.

You cold-hearted monster.

Naw, I got all y’all beat.

There’s an arty Irish film called The Field, about a generational conflict between an old traditional man and his eager-to-escape-the-countryside young son. The whole movie is about the tension between them and the old man’s desperate struggle to save his small plot of land.

[spoiler]In the end of the movie, the old man, gone mad from grief, opens his cattle fence and begins to drive them over a cliff into the pounding sea below. His son sees this happening and races to interpose himself between the cattle and the sea.

But hes too late, and he’s knocked over the edge himself. And as tragic strings music soars, cows fall in slo-mo around him, mooing mournfully to their deaths.[/spoiler]

It’s undoubtedly the funniest unintentionally funny death in all film history.

Daniel

Final Destination was just full of unintentionally amusing deaths, wasn’t it? The bus scene was the funniest, and the teacher’s overkill has already been mentioned. And how about the decapitation scene? That one cracked me up.

The funniest death scene I ever saw was from some low-budget action movie that I don’t know the name of; I didn’t see any of the movie except this brief clip. The hero shoots at the villain, but misses and hits a metal railing. Sparks fly from the bullet’s impact, and set the villain’s sleeve on fire (?!?). The hero shoots again, wounding the villain and knocking him out of a window. The villain, now engulfed in flames, rolls down a section of the roof outside the window, and then falls off the roof and through the roof of a storage shed. The camera then cuts to the sign on the shed: “Danger:Explosives”. The shed then blows up into a huge fireball. Does anyone out there know what movie this was?

Another one for the Insultingly Stupid Movie Physics pages, I think…

And yes, I know Dave Prowse is a west country lad, but that doesn’t mean he shouldn’t have had the part. They could’ve left a mouthpiece from the suit to cover up his lips, or just dubbed it, or loads of other stuff.

In Saving Private Ryan when the poor lad mistimes the sticky bomb and ends up a cloud of red mist and flying squidgy parts.