Up to 20 lbs of poop!

Snopes on Elvis and John Wayne

TL;DR:
Basically, bullshit

BTW, gross thought, but what is the total volume of the GI tract south of the stomach, and how much would an equivalent amount of water weigh? Without doing the math, my suspicion is that it’s impossible for this much volume to weigh twenty pounds.

I guess in theory it could if you were a big guy and it was swollen.

Anyway of course people don’t have 20 pounds of crap in them. If you did you’d be dead or dying.

I first heard this claim when I was in my mid-teens - my idiot uncle stated it - and I got the sense it wasn’t a new claim even then. That would have been over 30 years ago.

Charles Panatti, in his book Extraordinary Endings Of Practically Everything And Everybody, traces the ‘your intestines are full of poison’ woo back to the Middle Ages and the idea of the four humours.

Ok, the 20 lbs of poop guy is with a company called Umzu. I couldn’t find the address for the video.

I’m going to bet @EinsteinsHund’s post just above was not aimed at this thread, but sorta plopped in here by accident.

I was wondering when pooping had become such a competitive sport.

Yep, wrong thread, sorry. I’ll delete it.

Darn! I wish you hadn’t deleted that. I thought it added a piquant note of whimsy to an otherwise too-serious thread. Serious threads about excess poop need something to lighten them! :wink:

On a related note, years ago I was shamelessly eavesdropping a conversation on a commuter train. One woman said that she heard that the human body couldn’t digest black pepper. She immediately stopped using black pepper because it made her sick to think about all the black pepper that just stayed in her stomach year after year. None of the other three people in her group mentioned that she’d pooped it out long ago.

Now I’m wondering if this is a common belief. Maybe there’s a fortune to be made selling Peppr-B-Gone for the low, low price of $19.99 plus S&H.

Can you tell us what it was about so it can be saved for posterior?

It’s the only sport where the crappiest players get chosen first.

It was commentary on a recent Soccer / Futbol / Football match involving teams representing England and Scotland.

Apparently England could not find it’s arse using both hands even with £20’s chanced. Or in American: they played shittily.

To avoid any confusion, it was this post I reposted to the Euro 2021 thread in the meantime, minus the ETA: