Update: A Well-Deserved Break!

Some of you may recall the thread in which I ranted against having to spend every single freakin’ weekend at my parents’ place. (among other things) Well, this monkey has had enough of it! This weekend at least, I am going to stay home! (no earthly reason to stay over there)

My sister called me to ask if I was going to Good Friday service; I had already thought that I would go, but after this week of thinking and everything else, I told her no. (I would have told her yes, if I could have called her back later, but she’s very impatient, and I don’t work well under pressure! :slight_smile: ) Needless to say, she didn’t like that answer, but right now, I am taking a break for myself, Good Friday or no. Yes, I feel sort of bad that I’m not going to be attending service (or seeing my friends), but I figure that for my mental health and sanity, I need the break!

Through the past couple of days, I have realized that I need to be taking more time for myself! (no matter what my mom says, the fact that I live by myself with no set routine does NOT equal lots of time for myself!) Not only do I need time to/for myself, I also need to learn how to start saying NO to my family. (plus a bunch of other things, as well) I also need to stop letting them guilt-trip me into things, and to stop letting them control me! It’s going to be hard, but with my friends’ support, I know I can do it! (it’ll take a bloody long time though… I’m not even mid-process yet, but what the heck… I can deal!)

So I guess this is one small step in a series that I must take! Step by step, I know I’ll make it! I don’t think this is “no longer being a part of the family”… right?

[sub]In case any of you were wondering: yes, I do plan to attend Easter service and the baptismal service too[/sub]

[sup]This is the part where you congratulate me on looking out for my sanity, for a change![/sup]

[sub]Hey, if Speakercan bump his threads up when there are no replies in them, so can I! :D[/sub]

[sup]This is the part where you congratulate me on looking out for my sanity, for a change![/sup]

[sub]Hey, if Speaker can bump his threads up when there are no replies in them, so can I! :D[/sub]