US Dopers which US City are you closest too (out of the top 50)?

:slight_smile:

I’m the 5th person to be closest to Washington, DC, but the first to post about it. For whatever that’s worth. :slight_smile:

I grew up (mostly) in the Baltimore 'burbs, and now I live in the DC 'burbs – though I’m hoping to move to DC proper in a couple of months.

Detroit with Chicago in 2nd place.

Denver City Denver.

Go Mariners!

I’d love to see this poll re-done with the ability to see who answered what, and with Dallas, Fort Worth, and Arlington merged into one option.

I also just remembered something which means I answered the question incorrectly on a technicality. There’s an arm of Fort Worth that stretches east far enough that it’s between Bedford and Arlington.

Berge County, New Jersey, the 'burbs of NYC.

Not if the lake is frozen!

Missred is my Wilson County buddy.

Yep, me too. I see the OP dedicated much more time to typing all this in than I would have. :slight_smile:

Bergen? :slight_smile: That’s where my grandparents lived – Maywood, to be exact.

Right, Bergen (damn broken wrist). I’m in Englewood.

679 miles from Seattle as the crow flies, seems like it’s cheeting

Livin’ in Cowtown, OH here!

4 hours from Boston, 6 from New York, 2 from Montreal.

I checked Sacramento as I didn’t notice Fresno on the list which I’m seven miles closer to.

I live in #29, Portland, Oregon.

I’m chiming in just to let everyone know that I voted in this poll. Thank you.

Philadelphia, PA born and raised. Nowz I live in Delaware on the DelMarVa peninsula. :slight_smile:

(Still means Phila, PA is closest big city)

I’m about an hour north of Miami. It’s HOT out.

58 miles from Indianapolis, 108 from Chicago. According to a newspaper article I read around the time the Colts played the Bears in the Super Bowl a few years ago, the nearby hamlet of Americus (through which I occasionally pass, but never stop) is equidistant between those two major cities.

I wish that this came with a map–it would have made things much easier. I’d’ve had to look up the cities in all the neighboring states if I hadn’t found this map. And I still wound up having to look up four different cities.