US Midterm Election watch along thread

Brought back up topic that already hijacked this thread.

But is there any way possible for the Democrats to win and for both Manchin & Sinema to lose? Cause that’d still be my vote. :smile:

As per prior modnote:

Hiding post above. Start a new thread or find an appropriate thread for such.

Deleted as possibly contradicting mod instructions.

Is it just me or does anyone else feel like Fox must have distributed an internal memo about waiting until other networks announce democratic wins following their early call of Biden for Arizona in 2020? I gather that call angered a lot of the Fox faithful.

Last night, both Hannity and Gingrich lamented the fact that Pubs don’t vote early or by mail. Wonder why that is?

Hannity: “I think Republicans have been unwilling, for whatever reason … to voting early and voting by mail.”

Newt responded with some amazing in-depth analysis:

After appearing to agree with Hannity for a moment, Gingrich launched into a pair of howlers of his own. 1) Republicans lost in the midterms because they didn’t have TikTok accounts to appeal to the young 'uns, 2) “even if, in fact, in the long run, we may abolish TikTok as a Chinese communist device.”

And didn’t climb onto the, “I wuz robbed!” bandwagon – I’m lookin’ at you, Keri Lake.

Besides her, were there a lot of “election fraud” candidates this time?

Not really. Which is one of the encouraging things to come out of the midterms. Perhaps this may lead one of the major parties in this country to conduct a serious post mortem and, you know, actually follow up on its findings and recommendations. Naw, what am I saying, that’s not gonna happen.

With the Senate not tied, they don’t have to operate with a power sharing agreement with the Republicans.

Oh, yes. In Arizona alone, Blake Masters for senate and at least Gosar and Biggs for house plus no small number of Republican candidates for state senate and house. Most notably for state office, Mark Finchem for Secretary of State. Since we won’t have a Lieutenant Governor until 2026 – a proposition to create the office passed this election – the SoS takes over if the Governor dies or is incapacitated.

Walker, in his speech, really came across like he was relieved the whole thing was done, tbh.

Vampires- being dead- cannot vote, however, werewolves certainly can!

Overconfidence and trumpism denied them the Red tidal wave they were expecting.

How did he even get into this mess? Who got him to run? It’s so weird.

Be careful, you’re playing into the traditional Republican talking points about the dead voting illegally! And since they’re obviously voting for the wrong party from that POV, we can’t use the classic quote.

Trump (his pal going all the way back to their New Jersey Generals days) supposedly talked him into it, though both camps are backpedaling and saying the other was the main instigator of it.

You do have a point. My 40 years of experience playing and DMing D&D has enabled me to ID Giuliani as Undead. However, I am still unclear which type.

I vote for ghast.

Also, vampires and other undead can, and likely do, vote in Cook County. :wink: