USC ND greatest game in last decade?

The Maryland comeback against Miami in 1984 was the geatest NCAA football game ever. However, I might be a little biased.

A footnote to this story is that Frank Reich, the MD QB at the time, also led the Bills to their incredible comeback against Houston in the '92 season playoffs.

UCLA spotting Washington State 21 points and still winning the game has to say something, doesn’t it?

Kinda like last Saturday, when UCLA spotted 12th-ranked Cal 14 points in the first two and a half minutes of the game, and still won.

As a UCLA alumnus, I have to point out my team has a hell of a lot of character, although not a lot of healthy defensive linemen. Rooting for the Bruins this year is like hiding your new girlfriend’s psych meds to see how good in bed she really can be.

Any game that USC wins is by definition a sucky-suck game.

Of course you realize, this means war!!! :slight_smile:

I’m joining this thread late, but the best game of last weekend was not USC beating ND. It was Wisconsin over Minnesota, scoring 14 points (off one hell of an offensive drive and a blocked kick) in the last 3:30 of the game to overcome a 10 point deficit in a rivalry/trophy game (Paul Bunyon’s Axe).

Same with the people ready to annoint 2005 USC the ‘Best Team of All Time’.

After 10 years, I didn’t think it would be so easy to forget the 1995 Nebraska team.

556.3 yards per game (399.8 rushing)
52.4 points per game (lowest point total was 35 and smallest margin was 14)

They beat 4 teams that finished in the Top 10 by an average of 49-18. Three of those Top 10 teams were from their own conference!

They wrapped up the season by beating #2 Florida 62-24.

They would get, and deserve, that title if they win a 3rd straight national championship. If they don’t win a third title, then they become a great team that couldn’t finish a 3-peat, like a few others before them.