VAGINA. VAGINA. Vaaaaagina.

It’s such a fighting word.

:dubious:

I’m sure he/she has called her worse behind closed doors.

Oh, and: vagina.

That was stupid, idiotic, foolish, unwise, moronic, and simply laughable and I’m saying this as a pro-lifer and a Republican.

The censorship or the fact she said ‘vagina’ on the floor?

Was her comment, uh, nervvy? Yeah. Was it deserving of censorship??? F no.

The censorship. Rhetoric must be countered with rhetoric or better yet facts and argument not Victorian age prudery

And yet the Michigan Republican lawmakers without batting an eye will refer to their dicks or rods or Johnsons.

I’m warning you! If you say vagina once more… RIGHT! Who threw that?!

Someone should make a monologue about this.

Perhaps Ms. Brown should indulge the delicate sensibilities of her more, um, conservative male colleagues and call it “cunt” or “pussy” or “twat” since “vagina” is so offensive.

“I will have to check with my staff”. :eek:

…and there goes the coffee through the nostrils!!

I think these stuffy senators should consider themselves lucky these debates aren’t done using Powerpoint… Yet.

And because I think this is hysterically funny, here are some alternative terms for genitalia of both genders. (NSFW! It’s Bloodhound Gang’s “Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Kilo”. You’ve been warned.)

Thank you for saying that.

And for people so afraid of the word “vagina”, thay’re sure a bunch of pussies.

Typical, they had no good response, so they tried to find what she said “offensive”.

Maybe if they find it so taboo, they shouldn’t be making laws about it.

I just don’t understand how someone could make it to adulthood and still not be able to handle the word ‘‘vagina.’’ It kills me that these people are actually governing our country.

By the way, I think what she said was kind of tacky.

Oh my. You said “count.” I’m writing my congressman.

Say it softly, it’s almost like praying. Say it loudly, it’s like a million trumpets braying. :smiley:

This is making me laugh far more than it has any right to. :smiley:

Vaginas! They’re everywhere!!

The spokesman for the Majority Floor Leader (Jim Stamos, R-Midland) issued this statement: “House Republicans often go beyond simply allowing debate by welcoming open and passionate discussion. The only way we can continue doing so, however, is to ensure that the proper level of maturity and civility are maintained on the House floor.”

Representative Brown responded: “There have been many occasions of inappropriate behavior by men on the floor, and they haven’t lost their voice. I was speaking to the bill at hand. I didn’t use any curse words and I was using anatomically correct language.”

In response, floor Republicans, in a display of their maturity, clapped their hands over their ears and shouted “LA LA LA LA WE CAN’T HEAR YOU!”

I made that last part up.