Van Halen

David Lee Roth, Sammy Hagar, Gary Chirone (sp?) have come and gone as lead singers for the band.

So what is Van Halen’s status?

No one knows. Seriously. All the VH fan sites are silent.

We won’t hear from them again I think.

They were dropped from their record label.

I think as eddies having hearing problems there done Of course I thought they were done when sammy left …

But Other than a nostaligic wave I think their moment in music has passed

Eddie’s not just having a hearing problem, he’s having health problems overall (reportedly he started drinking again) including back problems, plus he’s dealing with his divorce. All of that has rather superceded his musical career, which rather makes sense.

I was a VH fan when Sammy was in the band, when he left or got fired, I was/am through. I never liked David Lee Roth, I do not like Gary Chirone (in VH) - I liked him in Extreme.

I am like who cares, they are over.

Intaglio said:

A Van Halen fan who doesn’t like David Lee Roth? That seems condradictory to me, like Jews for Jesus.

My preference is Sammy Hagar, out of the VH incarnations. If the radio is playing a Roth/VH song and another is playing a Hagar/VH song, I choose Hagar/VH everytime. I like Sammy’s voice and vocals better. I have never been impressed with David Lee Roth.

I want a Hagar/VH greatest hits.

Man, back in the day there was a mini-festival called Rocklahoma (can you guess where I’m from?). There were four groups playing… Sammy Hagar opened, followed by Pat Benetar, Van Halen, and then the Doobie Brothers. Sept '80, if I’m not mistaken.

My vote goes for DLR… VH at it’s best.