vermin. horrible. little. vermin.

GRR. That was me, not fizzy. Coulda sworn I’d logged myself out.

[sub]Third time I’ll be typing that today…[/sub]

::slump::

She’s all laughing hard now. I think I’ve posted as her four times now, and this’ll be like my sixth “it was me, not her” post.

Because of mistakes like “logged myself out”. SHE logged me out, the heartless wench. And all to type like three sentences in spooje’s mpsims thread. And my wal-mart thread.

Girls, man. They’re trouble. I’m telling you…

iampunha, I was kind of under the impression this was where you go to if you had a bone to pick with someone or something. Is this the “rational discussion and complaint” forum?

** Bob Scene**: Heh. Heh. Heh. I am not a crabby old lady. Well, not old, anyways. Still, I’d be up for a round or three of “Straight Dope Rabble-Rouser Full Contact Boxing”. Get us a spot on pay per view?

Ike-Sama: Teehee ^^

When it’s about $cientologists, Jack Chick or white supremasts. Not that ranting against them is irrational, but those topics don’t seem to generate a backlash against hyperbole and poetic license in Pit ranting.

When it’s about $cientologists, Jack Chick or white supremasts. Not that ranting against them is irrational, but those topics don’t seem to generate a backlash against hyperbole and poetic license in Pit ranting.

Kids can be a pain, but I always judge anyone who truly dislikes them under any and all conditions to be real dick weasel, and fortuitously, a self-induced Darwinian dead end. I can’t tell from glarGH’s little rant if she is in this category or not, but I could hazard a guess based on the parts of the tirade that are coherent.

iampunha: you are really confusing me with this “it was me, not her” Sybil-speak. Do you have an invisible friend with a login?

If she can hula, she’s mine.

The hapmsters would frown upon that. I posted here not because I’m defensive or a bad parent, but because I think ranting about children “singing loudly and off key” is the mark of an asshat who should stay indoors if the childern of the world are such “vermin”. Every child on earth screams at 3am, it doens’t make them vermin. Every child on earth SHOULD sing loudly, on or off key, and if you don’t think so there’s something wrong with you.

Sgt. J, dear, scroll up and read my response. It was chilluns doing this loudly, in a place of business, where people WORK and have to talk on the phone to customers. You know, work. Where grown ups go to make money and be sad? I’m also not sure if they should be screeching Eminem’s song about abuse and neglect at the top of their lungs, when they don’t know what it means.

Think about the heavy footsteps, screams and tantrum thumps at three am on your ceiling. Think about them running around, stomping through your ceiling. That gets a tad annoying, no?

For the most part, I like kids. I adore my neighbor’s 1 1/2 y.o. little girl. That kid is pure sunshine.

What I don’t like the snotty little bastards that come in and trash my office or ruin my meal. Hell, I hate my fellow adults who do the same damn thing. I’m not just mad at the kids, I’m also mad at the parents. It REALLY GETS MY GOAT to have to sit there and grit my teeth when people think other patrons are there to babysit for them. It torks me off when a parent is sitting there gabbing away or smoking or shopping and they leave their kid there to, essentially, be a kid in a not necessarily appropriate space…

I’m keeping myself out of the genepool. I don’t wish to spawn, because I know having kids is hard and I know I’d fuck it up big time.

You’re allowed to rant here. And anyone is allowed to disagree with part or all of your rant. If you want someplace to vent where nobody will disagree with you, get a journal. Note that nowhere in the description of the Pit does it say “You are not allowed to disagree here.” Thus whoever disagrees with you is allowed to post such disagreement.

D. Odds: “When it’s about $cientologists, Jack Chick or white supremasts. Not that ranting against them is irrational, but those topics don’t seem to generate a backlash against hyperbole and poetic license in Pit ranting.”

I think you just said everything I needed to:)

Waverly: I’m at Fizzy’s house and thought I had logged her out before I posted. Several times, as mpsims and the pit show:) So I was indicating that some posts (not made in her usual style, but still) attributed to her were mistakenly written by me unaware that I was signed in under her username. Sorry if I was unclear.

Well, all right then. :slight_smile:

Kids can get a bad reputation without deserving one. I have an aunt who really didn’t like me when I was a kid. (I don’t know how she feels about me now; I haven’t seen the bitch in years.) My mom would visit her and drag me along; I would have to accompany them on excursions; afterwards, Aunt would slander me to the other relatives.

Beauty salon: Sat and read a book while Mom and Aunt were being shellacked. Got up once to walk to water cooler. Aunt’s report: “Rilchie was running all around.”

Ice cream parlor: Asked for sherbet, which they didn’t have. My response: “Ohhhhhh…[sad face] Well, can I have chocolate?” Aunt’s report: “Rilchie had a FIT because they didn’t have sherbet!”

Aunt’s house: Told I couldn’t come in house with dirty feet; had to rinse them off with hose. Complied. Aunt’s report: “I told Rilchie she had to wash her feet and she hit the ceiling.”

Not saying, glarGH, that the kids in your office were not annoying. It does sound that way. But don’t tar all children with that same brush.