Veronica Mars

Finished S3 last night – what an ignominious end to a great series! The last five episodes were just incoherent. (Really? a secret society appears out of nowhere? and all of a sudden Dick has, like, deep emotions? Though it was nice to see Beaver’s death finally addressed, waiting so long was just sloppy, desperate plotting.)

Even in the hot mess that was the ending, though, there continued to be great things about the series, like both the realism and respect with which they treated the secondary characters. Weevil, for instance – I love that they found a legitimate reason for him to be at Hearst, and I love his relationship with Veronica. And Mac – how great that she found not just one nerdy boyfriend, but two – and that she was concerned about Max’s decision to let himself be expelled. That felt very true to who she was.

But the back and form on Logan, blah. Too soapy for the series.

Mostly, though, I’m all argh about all the plot points that got left dangling …

I assumed that Keith lost the election at the end of S3. Did you see the short preview-like episode they made for an attempt to get Season 4?

It’s here on Youtube.

Thanks! The preview/pilot for S4 is on the bonus disk, which I decided not to use a rental on.

That looks like it would’ve been a good show – too bad it never happened.

Yeah, I watched that on the S3 DVDs. Made a thread about it, even.

Veronica Mars - the FBI Presentation - Cafe Society - Straight Dope Message Board :frowning: