Very vaguely creepy: the YouTube version

Here’s the YouTube description:

Rubber Johnny is a 6 minute experimental short film and music video directed by Chris Cunningham in 2005, using music composed by Aphex Twin.
The concept for Rubber Johnny came from Cunningham imagining a raver morphing as he danced. The idea evolved to the present film, in which **Johnny (played by Cunningham) is an isolated mutant child with a huge overgrown cranium, strapped into a wheelchair and locked in a basement. Capable of morphing his body, he spends his life trying to amuse himself and his dog, a terrified chihuahua. **

The very beginning is awful.

Ok, stop that right now. Euuuyooo…

Creepy? No. Incredibly sad? Yes. You can tell it’s a guy, wearing some sort of anime mask, putting on a leotard.
So?

I kept waiting for him to do something with his package or take off his wig or suddenly draw on his belly with a razor or something.

Nothing creepy–just a weird guy.

I’m not about to click on the restricted by YouTube links. No sir.

Seriously. What’s even remotely creepy or disturbing about this? Did I watch the wrong thing?

I didn’t find it creepy at all. It wasn’t even that weird. I was bored and hoping for creepy.

Exactly. And I kept thinking–wow, he’s so not female; he doesn’t treat his long hair the way a girl would to get into that outfit. I actually kind of liked the mask–I wondered if it was a popular anime character in Japan.

I just found this one funny, especially all the old stag films he spliced in. Ah, a simpler, less enlightened time.

I guess. Still strange.

I was not looking for more links for this thread, and came across this quite by accident tonight. I don’t even know what the hell this is. It seems to have hoofed paws!

I thought the OP one was incredibly creepy. Ugh…just ugh. I can’t tell if the guy making the video wanted it to be creepy or if that’s just how it came out. Either way, just wrong!

Well here’s my contribution: b3ta.com links

Weeps Why? WHY? WHY did you do that to me!? Auuuuughhh!

Seriously, I screamed and clicked that off really fast. Now my husband is hovering around me to see what upset me, but I cannot bring myself to click on it.

Sorry for the double post.
But I’ve seen that before and it always kind of makes me sad. I imagine some parents with a disabled child trying to create a sense of normalcy for her by placing her in dancing classes. Beaming with pride, they film her performing the little she can accomplish and it gets turned into a fright-fest on the internet.

Seriously, anyone know what is going on with this little girl? Or where this video came from?

Now, see, the mask is what makes it creepy to me. Crossdressing is no big deal. I’ve dated crossdressers. It’s that vacant, plastic face that gives me the shuddering heebie jeebies. This video doesn’t simply go to the uncanny valley, it builds a cabin there and plants a small vegetable garden.

That’s not a little girl. That’s a forty year old man. Cite.

If there is any such thing as Divine Retribution, this lot will be playing at God’s right hand throughout eternity…and he’ll deserve every second of it.

Silly me. I read that as ‘on God’s right hand…’. :smiley:

:eek:You. have. got. to. be. shitting. me. Wow. I never would have guessed in a million years.:eek:

so, what do you reckon? Anorexia or malabsorption syndrome of some kind?

At first I thought that it was a young girl with some kind of bone disorder that would make her jawline so prominent (I’m not real up on my congenital anomalies); but once “she” went for her closeup, I could tell it was a male. His hostile glare has nothing childlike in it, plus there was no sound at all coming from the camera, so I knew this being filmed alone.

Why this male looks like he weighs about 60 pounds, I have no clue. He’s a lousy tap dancer, btw, but given that he may not have much strength, maybe he wasn’t so awful…

Now, HE is creepy.

Miller–the mask isn’t creepy to me. Now, if he had painted the face on, with some distortion–that’d creep me out. Masks I can handle–actual physical deformities that effect the face, especially the eyes, creep me out.

SCADshorts

there are no words

A good friend of mine in high school had cerebral palsy and her legs were bowed and thin like that. I thought it was very severe cerebral palsy on a pubescent girl. I had never watched long enough to get to the end part where he is looking directly into the camera. When I finally made it all the way through the video today, then I could tell.
I did some more reading today, he had polio as a child. Doctors put a metal rod in his spine to force growth and somehow it backfired and actually stopped growth.

It’s a Harlequin-type ichthyosis baby. They usually die soon after birth.