Virgin television

I caught about five minutes of the A-Team marathon on TVLand last weekend, and afterwards, I realized I had never actually seen an episode before (I wouldn’t have watched this time, only I saw Dennis Franz and wondered what he was doing. Since I didn’t recognize the A-Team character he was talking to, I was at a loss). It got me to thinking:

What other popular TV shows have you never actually seen?

(Note – list only those that it was possible for you to see in the first place – missing the Jackie Gleason “Life of Riley” or “Your Show of Shows” or “Texaco Star Theater” doesn’t count unless you’re in your 50s at least). Also, if you saw a promo for the show, that doesn’t disqualify it.

My list:

ER
Dukes of Hazzard
Survivor II
Temptation Island
Boot Camp
Falcon Crest
Peyton Place
Dark Shadows
Dynasty

How about you?

I’ve never watched an episode of any daytime soap opera. And I’m probably the only adult male heterosexual in the United States who has never watched an episode of Baywatch.

I am also an adult male heterosexual in the U.S. and I have never seen Baywatch, either. Caught about ten minutes of an episode once, and that was more than enough to last me the rest of my life, thank you very much. The fact that it is one of the, if not the, most watched shows in the world makes me seriously worry about humanity.

-b

I have never seen Survivor, 1 or 2, and I have never seen any soap opera. Also, I can’t say that I have ever seen some of those new sitcoms. I am all about Frasier, Sienfeld and Friends, but not much else.

No Baywatch.
No Buffy.
No Temptation Island.
No Survivor.
No Boot Camp.
No Jackass.
No South Park. (well, about five minutes, but I couldn’t stand it.)
No Melrose Place.

With the exception of ST Voyager (which I used to watch on occasion at a friend’s house) and the Sopranos (which the neighbor videotapes for us every week), anything since 1983.

What Little Nemo said.

I’ve never seen a night time soap opera (*Dallas, Knott’s Landing, * etc.) either.

Also,
[ul]
[li]Any of those supposedly ground-breaking, critically-acclaimed shows on HBO (Sopranos, Queer as Folk); because I don’t get HBO.[/li][li]Any show marketed to teens or college students (Dawson’s Creek, Real World, etc.)[/li][li]Any show on a “netlet” (WB or UPN).[/li][li]Ally McBeal[/li][li]Any lawyer/crime investigation show (Law & Order, Law & Order:SVU, Homicide:Life on the Street, etc.)[/li][li]A whole host of other critically-acclaimed dramas; the only non-reality drama show I’ve ever watched has been ER[/li][/ul]

Haven’t see anything on MTV since it quit being Music Television and became, well, whatever it is.
Survivor I or II
Temptation Island
Melrose Place
Boot Camp
Buffy
Angel
Dawson’s Creek
Anything on WB
Anything on UPN since 1997
Baywatch
I’m sure there’s more, but since I haven’t seen them, I don’t know the names of them.

“Boot Camp”
“Temptation Island”
“Survivor 2” (I did watch ONE episode of the first one. They voted off the cute girl. No reason to watch anymore)
“The Mole”
That show with the lady who berates everyone for missing a question or waiting too long…I think it’s called “Weakest Link”
“Ally McBeal”
I have discovered the best way to watch BTVS is with the sound off.

Both Survivors

Who Wants to Be a Millionaire

St. Elsewhere

Hill Street Blues

L.A. Law

Most current sitcoms… might catch a minute or two of them here and there but I haven’t really watched Friends or other assorted primetime “Must See” stuff. I’m not anti-TV, I just haven’t been particularly inspired to “pick up” any new shows in a while.

Peyton Place
Dark Shadows
Dukes of Hazzard
Falcon Crest
Knott’s Landing
Baywatch - ten minutes
Buffy - five minutes
Dawson’s Creek
Sex & The City (even when I did get HBO)
Survivor II - ten minutes
Who Wants to Marry a Millionaire
Will and Grace - five minutes
Everybody Loves Raymond - five minutes when trapped at my sister’s house
Ally McBeal - five minutes (twice)
Temptation Island - two minutes
The Mole
Big Brother
Angel
<Don Johnson’s latest show?>
Jackass
Tom Green’s show on MTV - maybe five minutes; great gawd almighty, that guy is so Not Funny.

With the exception of Star Trek: Voyager, nothing on either WB or UPN that I recall.