Visual Basic Help

And yes, this is homework help, but I don’t want an answer. I was hoping for some guidance.
for my project I am making a flip book. I am pretty close, but I cannot figure out how to make the pictures run automatically. I can click through each picture and have figured out how to get that far, and I have a counter that stops it at the end, but I just can’t figure out how to make it load each picture (like a slide show).

I just need a little hint in the right direction and then I can figure this out. I think I have to use the ToString…? but I’ll be darned if I can figure out how.

Any little help you can provide will be appreciated!

Maybe use a timer control.

You can set it to perform an action at set intervals, e.g. load the next picture every 10 seconds.

Is that what you mean?

I’m a little confused by the problem description. Do you have a flipbook that you can manually advance and want to make it run automatically? Or do you want it to load something that it’s not loading right now?

+1

The timer control is what I need. I have a timer in the program…I just need to figure out how to make each picture advance. Thanks for that site, I’ll go through it line by line.

ultrafilter, I have a flipbook I can currently advance manually. I want to be able to click one button and have the entire flipbook go through, (and then later, to be able to change its speed too). Once I have it moving, the speed should be easy.

Take whatever function you’re using to advance the pictures, and make the timer call that when it goes off.

Ok…that I think I can do. Thanks!