Wait a minute... 6, 2, and 1?

I don’t, and it appears people on the other thread are unwilling to answer. Would somebody please explain?

“[He] beat his fist down upon the table and hurt his hand and became so
further enraged… that he beat his fist down upon the table even harder and
hurt his hand some more.” – Joseph Heller’s Catch-22

It’s all from a tv show called “The Prisoner.” It aired for one season in 1968 (I believe). It starred, was created by, often written by, and sometimes directed by Patrick McGoohan. He played an unnamed secret agent who was kidnapped and taken to a mysterious island called the Village. Whoever was running the place wanted to know why McGoohan’s character quit the spy business, but he wasn’t talking. Everyone in the Village was given a name instead of a number; McGoohan’s was #6. Each week he was confronted by the ostensible leader of the Village, #2 (who changed each week). #1 was not shown until the final episode, “Fall Out”, but that episode was so confusing I’m not sure if I believe the answer (I won’t spoil the suspense; you have to see it for yourself).

A lot of the posters mock TP as goofy and pretentious, but I found it to be very enjoyable. It certainly was unique.

As did I. (I just wish the network I was watching it on had chosen to finish it…bigsigh…)

It was weird, yes. It didn’t always make sense, no. Don’t expect it to. Sit back, and enjoy the ride.

(I think first watching it almost 30 years after it aired and knowing how bizarre it could sometimes be helped…)

Question: Did/do you think that #6 was McGoohan’s character from Secret Agent (I never perticularly likes SA, so I don’t remember his name…blush)

‘They couldn’t hit an Elephant from this dist…!’

Last words of General John Sedgwick

McGoohan has explicitly stated that #6 was NOT Secret Agent Man (or Danger Man, as it was called in Britain).

It sounds a little like Get Smart then, with all the agents #s: Maxwell Smart was 86, and he married 99 or something like that.
Am I understanding this correctly?

“[He] beat his fist down upon the table and hurt his hand and became so
further enraged… that he beat his fist down upon the table even harder and
hurt his hand some more.” – Joseph Heller’s Catch-22

Yeah “The Prisoner” and “Get Smart” were both laugh riots.
The symbolism of Maxwell Smart being #86 are very deep. I think it has something to do with Jung.
Rover and the Cone of Silence may have had some deep meaning also.