Wait just a dang minute. Bad bad bad Ms. Beck-brain, we gotta talk

Thinking of you, Beckers. You haz da power to get through this.

Call out the Marines, the Nat’l guard or just a mean person!!
These people are trying to kill me.
I’m fasting since an early dinner. It was pretty nasty. So I ate very little.
Then they march in here with reinforcements to ask why I didn’t finish my dinner. I told them why. I will not eat nasty.

I get no more food tonight. No food in the morning. Surgery at 10am to implant my head with no telling what. I’m doomed.

Gonna die.
Y’all remember me fondly, plz.

Send out the Bat signal.
I need to be rescued.

it’s really not as bad as all that, but I am starved, send pizza☺️

Om freakin’ god! The PA to the surgeon text how I was doing.
I told him I’m starving and why.
Him and his wife brought me a Sonic grilled cheese sandwich and an unsweet tea. Nice nice people.

I may just live.

He said not to eat breakfast and he would be here early to prep me for the very very short surgery. I will just be medicated, not fully anesthesised.

And no hair will be shaved.
Yay!!

God bless the PA and his sweet wife (she’s gotta be sweet to be married to such a nice guy) for being compassionate and kind.

I mean, really, he even went to Sonic?

I’m so glad you got a good one.

Gotta take good care of our Bekkers!

~VOW

Oh they even hugged me. I could’ve called my family but they scared me about eating. I thought the surgeon ordered it.
These nurses didn’t listen to me. At all.

wow you got lucky as ive said before the last surgeon I had was a bag 'o dicks

The neurologist was pleasant and funny.
He and his team decided I needed this thing put in me to detect early seizure activity so I can treat earlier and maybe forestall it.

He has 2 neurosurgeons on staff. The one that took my case is as haughty a man as I have ever met.
But he wasn’t gripey or mean. He just left the PA to answer my questions. The Lil’wrekker was here translating my signing, because of course I couldn’t speak.
He couldn’t have been nicer.

And then to get me food. I was really appreciative. I was able to squeak out thank-yous.

It warms the heart to know nice peeps are still out there.

Why can’t you speak? Also, best wishes for the procedure.

So glad you got a good one, Beck.

And good luck!

So, what about your head? Is the doohickey working?

So much this.

I get that hospitals are short-staffed and have other things to do than get you tasty food. They aren’t a hotel. But they have a tendency to treat patients as objects instead of real people who live real lives. That PA and his wife are the best! Give him a good review!

I have a speech impediment. I stuttered as a young child, pretty awfully. I had speech therapy for many years up to my teen years.
One therapist told me talk slow when I felt I was gonna stutter. I could not make that work. He started spanking my palms as I read the sentences he wanted me to read aloud. I was very sensitive about speaking at all after that.
I finally made Daddy understand what happened to me. And, of course he fired the guy.
New therapist told me to stop talking at all when the stutter was happening.
So, I shut up. Didn’t talk at all for 3 years. I had PTSD. Of course back then no one knew about that. So Daddy put me in sign language classes.
Early 2Os I was able to speak. It took long painful therapy to get there.
I still have issues but I quit worrying about it. I can speak pretty good occasionally.
I need more therapy but it is on the back burner.
My family are used to it. My doctor’s I see regularly know I need to sign.
It’s unknown hospital staff that are always questioning me about it.
I manage pretty good most of the time.
I always have post it notes and a pen ready.

My hearing is fine.

It works. I have had one alarm today. We medicated and prevented the seizure.

So I’m happy.

That is the most outstanding news of the day!

Of course my head aches. I think the meds they put me out on are to blame.
The site of the monitor deal-y is a tad sore, not bad at all.

Are you Seven of Nine-ified?

https://www.startrek.com/sites/default/files/images/2020-06/7of9_s7_b.jpg

[I am too angry at that therapist to post coherently.]

@Beckdawrek

This is horrifying. It is like the Nuns in Catholic schools beating kids on their left hands with rulers trying to convert them into righties because left handedness was associated with the devil. This happened to my wife.

Oh, boy. I wish.

SO glad the monitor is working! It sounds like your ticket home, no?

There should be a special section in Hell for speech therapists like yours…an especially hot section where nobody can speak, and those who bear water are blind and arrogant and don’t know sign language. Also, “Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer” is played on an endless loop.

I wonder if your silence doesn’t give your spirit a chance to shine through in a way the animals trust and love.