Wanna play Botticelli?

Are you straight as an arrow?

Do you love Chachi?

[QUOTE=Johnny L.A.]
Got it. Took me a while though.
[/QUOTE]
Tweeet! I gotta get a ruling from Zeldar. I say a no is a no. In case anyone’s askin’.

[QUOTE=Johnny L.A.]
Okay…

I’m EM.
[/QUOTE]

Do you have a couple of right famous jazz musician sons?

[QUOTE=Contrapuntal]
Are you straight as an arrow?
[/QUOTE]

I don’t get the reference.

No, I’m not Erin Moran.

Sorry, I meant I got your reference. No, I’m not Eugene McCarthy.

[QUOTE=Zeldar]
Do you have a couple of right famous jazz musician sons?
[/QUOTE]

No, I’m not Enrico Mancini.

[QUOTE=Contrapuntal]
Tweeet! I gotta get a ruling from Zeldar. I say a no is a no. In case anyone’s askin’.
[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I missed the pre-edit answer. Can your refresh me?

Offhand, I’d say edited replies by the Chooser must stand as the answer to the question, but the Questioner should get the benefit of the “wrong answer” for DQ’s sake. The correct response needs to be there to assist other Guessers.

That clear enough?

[QUOTE=Johnny L.A.]
No, I’m not Enrico Mancini.
[/QUOTE]

He had ONE famous son. My guy has two.

[QUOTE=Johnny L.A.]
Sorry, I meant I got your reference. No, I’m not Eugene McCarthy.
[/QUOTE]
Yeah, but after you already said no. Your “no” answer appeared while you were editing it.

Do you push really big gears?

Are you a singer who’s an ex-cop?

[QUOTE=Zeldar]
He had ONE famous son. My guy has two.
[/QUOTE]

Hm. I don’t know to whom you’re referring.

[QUOTE=Zeldar]
Sorry, I missed the pre-edit answer. Can your refresh me?

Offhand, I’d say edited replies by the Chooser must stand as the answer to the question, but the Questioner should get the benefit of the “wrong answer” for DQ’s sake. The correct response needs to be there to assist other Guessers.

That clear enough?
[/QUOTE]
If the Chooser says “I don’t know who you mean,” can he change that answer four minutes and 59 seconds later? Shouldn’t an “I don’t know” entitle the Guesser to a DQ?

[QUOTE=Johnny L.A.]
Okay…

I’m EM.
[/QUOTE]

Are you well known for playing multiple roles in several movies?

[QUOTE=Contrapuntal]
If the Chooser says “I don’t know who you mean,” can he change that answer four minutes and 59 seconds later? Shouldn’t an “I don’t know” entitle the Guesser to a DQ?
[/QUOTE]

That’s the spirit of my ruling. The Chooser should have a correct answer – if he/she can edit that fast – for the benefit of other Guessers. But the Guesser who got a wrong or misleading answer should be allowed a DQ. The wronged Guesser should alert the Chooser to the error in order to claim the DQ.

That better?

[QUOTE=Johnny L.A.]
Hm. I don’t know to whom you’re referring.
[/QUOTE]

Ellis Marsalis. Branford and Wynton’s daddy.

DQ: are you male?

Man, I suck at pop-culture references! (Can you tell this is the first time I’ve played this?)

I don’t know who these are.

Yes.

(This would be easier with more direct questions!)

[QUOTE=Zeldar]

That better?
[/QUOTE]
It totally blows, man, but since I know there is absolutely no chance of me getting my money back, I guess I’ll keep playing.

Eddie Merckx pushes the big gears. Well, not so much anymore.

[QUOTE=Zeldar]
Are you well known for playing multiple roles in several movies?
[/QUOTE]

No.

[QUOTE=Contrapuntal]
It totally blows, man, but since I know there is absolutely no chance of me getting my money back, I guess I’ll keep playing.
[/QUOTE]

If I can make it any clearer: you deserve a DQ from Johnny L.A.. But he (or any future Chooser) needs to be able to edit a reply so as not to be giving bad info to other Guessers. The edit function corrupts this game’s intent, I suppose. But we need to live with it.

To be absolutely clear: you get a DQ!