Wanna play Botticelli?

[QUOTE=Elendil’s Heir]
We’ve moved well past it, but…

*Quote:
Originally Posted by Elendil’s Heir
Are you the scion of a famous Ohio political family, now serving as an appellate judge?

I have no idea. Name your FC and get a DQ.*

Frank Celebrezze. Do I get a DQ in this go-round, or has that ship sailed?
[/QUOTE]

Sorry. The DQ must be in the same round as your stumper. No carry-over DQ’s.

[QUOTE=Plynck]
Sorry to step out; the person was guessed so a DQ does nothing for me. However, to satisfy curiosity: Frank Church.

Oh, and the state was Idaho.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for filling the gap. I had a suspicion about Church but didn’t go searching to verify it.

Here’s what we know about EM:

Male? Y
In acting? N
Living? N
Artist? N
In sports? N

Are you (EM) a noted American historian and biographer?

For EM:

Are you a poet with middle initials SV?

Zeldar,

Are questions that are obviously off point (for example, if I were to ask about a woman, when it has been established that the person is a male) allowed for their stump-the-chooser value?

[QUOTE=Elendil’s Heir]
Are you (EM) a noted American historian and biographer?
[/QUOTE]

No, and I don’t know who you mean.

No, I’m not Edna St. Vincent Millay.

EM:
Are you a tv newsman?

[QUOTE=Contrapuntal]
Zeldar,

Are questions that are obviously off point (for example, if I were to ask about a woman, when it has been established that the person is a male) allowed for their stump-the-chooser value?
[/QUOTE]

Exactly so! It’s the main goal of the Guesser to ask questions that will stump the Chooser so as to be able to get DQ’s to narrow down the universe (20Q style). It’s mostly luck to guess the Answer (as happened with my FC) before getting the DQ’s to make that possible.

But – to reiterate – IQ’s are no holds barred. See silenus and Felix the Cat. :smiley:

As long as the entity involved does indeed have the initials, the Guesser can refer to anybody. Thus far we haven’t ventured into fictional characters as being legal Guesser identities, and I think we should continue to avoid them. Let’s stick with real life people – dead or alive though.

[QUOTE=Sternvogel]
Are you known for your involvement in a famous United States Supreme Court case?
[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I missed this one.

No, I’m not Ernesto Miranda.

[QUOTE=MonkeyMensch]
EM:
Are you a tv newsman?
[/QUOTE]

No, I’m not Edward R. Murrow.

EM:

Have you played the same character as Alec Guinness?

edited to spell the name right

ETA: Answered my own question.

[QUOTE=Contrapuntal]
Felix was real?
[/QUOTE]

Good catch! I spotted that faux pas after I had submitted it.

[QUOTE=Zeldar]
Have you played the same character as Alec Guinness?
[/QUOTE]

No, I’m not Ewen MacGregor.

Have you been higher than almost anyone else who ever lived?

EM:

Did you write the music for some Eastwood movies?

Are you a noted Broadway performer?

[QUOTE=Contrapuntal]
Have you been higher than almost anyone else who ever lived?
[/QUOTE]

Hey, wasn’t that EH?

[QUOTE=Zeldar]
Hey, wasn’t that EH?
[/QUOTE]
I dunno. Perhaps for a different meaning of “higher.”

[QUOTE=Contrapuntal]
I dunno. Perhaps for a different meaning of “higher.”
[/QUOTE]

Edmund Hillary – ME = Mount Everest.

Just how do you measure “high” then? :smiley: