Wanna play Botticelli?

[QUOTE=Johnny L.A.]
No, I’m not Erich von Manstein.

No, and I don’t know who you mean.
[/QUOTE]
Ed Meese dude! Man, I so totally own you!

So, my DQ is, are you an American citizen?

No, I’m not Ernesto Miranda.

[QUOTE=Sternvogel]
Were you involved in a famous scientific experiment?
[/QUOTE]

Yes, and yes. Is this where I tell the name?

[QUOTE=Contrapuntal]
Ed Meese dude! Man, I so totally own you!

[/QUOTE]

My EB (joke) is Earl Butz. Class act.

Edward Morley?

[QUOTE=Johnny L.A.]
No, I’m not Ernesto Miranda.
Yes, and yes. Is this where I tell the name?
[/QUOTE]
I think a questioner has to say it.

I mean I don’t get to be the next IT person, just guessing.

[QUOTE=Johnny L.A.]

Yes, and yes. Is this where I tell the name?
[/QUOTE]

Only if you’re tired of playing. We have to keep getting DQ’s until one of us knows your person. Your call, though.

[QUOTE=Zeldar]
Did you do some writing about Spoon?
[/QUOTE]

No, and I don’t know who you mean.

Yes.

No.

[QUOTE=Zeldar]
Only if you’re tired of playing. We have to keep getting DQ’s until one of us knows your person. Your call, though.
[/QUOTE]

So it’s okay to just say ‘yes’ to Enginerd and Sternvogel?

Let’s see if they can get it. :wink:

[QUOTE=Johnny L.A.]
No, and I don’t know who you mean.

[/QUOTE]

Edgar (Lee) Masters – Spoon River Anthology

DQ: Was your scientific experiment done in outer space?

Ed Musick?

[QUOTE=Enginerd]
Ed Musick?
[/QUOTE]

No.

No.

Darn, I had Morley in mind.

Did you do your most famous work while a member of the Armed Services?

Are you Ernst Mach?

Sorry. Let me get a question in there first.

EM

Are you an athlete famous for a 107 match winning streak?

[QUOTE=Johnny L.A.]
So it’s okay to just say ‘yes’ to Enginerd and Sternvogel?

Let’s see if they can get it. :wink:
[/QUOTE]

“Yes” is all that’s required of a DQ. The less additional info the longer the IQ’s have to keep coming.

However, Sternvogel’s IQ (wasn’t it?) requires you either to name another EM involved in an experiment and say “No, I’m not <that other> EM” OR ELSE, if you can’t think of another EM, to say “Yes, I’m <whoever it is>” thus allowing that Guesser to win.

The key issue here is: Was Sternvogel’s a DQ or an IQ?

EM

Did you perform essential research into compressible flows?

[QUOTE=Sternvogel]
Did you do your most famous work while a member of the Armed Services?
[/QUOTE]

Yes.

No.

No, and I don’t know who you mean.

It would be easy now for me to say ‘Np, I’m not Edward Morley’, but I didn’t have another person in mind so I guess that would have to be ‘No, and I don’t know who you mean.’

[QUOTE=MonkeyMensch]
Did you perform essential research into compressible flows?
[/QUOTE]

Hm. I don’t know that.