Wanted: Commodore 64/128 games

I’m looking for working copies of the old SSI D&D games, M.U.L.E., Psi 5 Trading Company, Arkanoid 2: Revenge of Doh, Temple of Apshai in particular. I have a floppy disk drive, so I want the games on disk or possibly on cartridge (I THINK the old computer takes cartridges) but I don’t have a cassette drive, and I don’t think I want to hook one up, either.

I’ll need the accompanying booklets and copy protection devices on the D&D games (some of them had cardboard wheels that you aligned to find a code word) and for the Apshai game.

If you have other C64/128 games or software, let me know, I might be interested, particularly if it’s an RPG.

Why yes, I DID just visit the “rebuying things you used to own” thread. I’ve worn out my copies of those games, and I’d like to play them again. Particularly M.U.L.E.

I found a couple of copies of Psi 5 Trading Company. Now to see if they work.

And yes, the computer DOES take cartridges.

Lynn, my sister did buy a working Commodore 64 from a garage sale so maybe you could pick up something there.

And does your version have one of those tape drives?

Fans of those old school games have made some very faithful emulations for PCs. Does that work for you?

I don’t have a tape drive, though I might get one if I found a game that I really, really wanted. I had a cassette player for my old TI99/4A, though. I got to the point where I could hum along with the cassette as it was loading Tunnels of Doom.

I was sort of hoping to avoid emus/ROMs, as my husband has a weird system on this computer, so a lot of things don’t work right, even though theoretically they’re supposed to work with Win7. I am also uneasy about copyright issues. However, M.U.L.E. is calling me. Oh, how I loved MULE. I’m weakening fast.

http://www.atarimule.com/downloads.htm

If I click that link, am I gonna disappear, never to be heard from again? :wink: