Washington Post figures out it has had its face in Dubya's lap for four years

In other news, Pope is Catholic!

What I’m referring to is
this very late, very weak, very mild mea culpa for the years they spent being a bunch of fucking numbnuts cheerleaders for Dubya’s warmongering lies.

They fucking MISLEAD THE AMERICAN PUBLIC and FUCKING IGNORED anything that countered the lies spewed by our Maximum Liar and his cohorts. Are you kicking yourself, Pentagon correspondent Thomas Ricks?

[quote]
“There was an attitude among editors: Look, we’re going to war, why do we even worry about all this contrary stuff?”

[quote]

Well, that’s a fucking stupid attitude even for ordinary folk, but for journalists it sounds more like dereliction of duty. Objectivity, research, get the facts … all that stuff that you stupid assholes DIDN’T FUCKING DO WHENEVER A REPUB TALKING POINT CAME UP!!!

Jeebus fucking cripes, you’re a sorry-ass excuse for journalists! I mean, I’ll admit that I’m better-informed than Joe Sixpack, but I’m way, way, way outside the media elite, about as far as Joe Sixpack himself, and I knew you were spewing the Admin line and nothing but the Admin line whenever you reported on Iraq –

WHY THE FUCK DIDN’T YOU KNOW THAT, YOU STUPID FUCKING IDIOTS!???

But you know what the saddest thing is? The saddest thing is, you weren’t alone. The whole fucking Washington press corps spent the bulk of the Bush admin on its knees, waiting it’s turn to blow the Administration’s way! You’re just the only fucking rag to admit what a bunch of cheap media whores you’ve been for the last couple of years. Which puts you head and shoulders above the rest, but what a sorry, pathetic, pig-stupid “rest” that is!

I suppose I should feel vindicated now that you are finally admitting I was right all along to regard you as scum-sucking vermin, but as you can probably tell from the tone of this post, I don’t. I feel bitter. You betrayed all of us with your fucking brainless cheerleader-for-war act. All the lame-ass mea-culpas in the world isn’t going to bring back even one of the American soldiers killed in Iraq, you sad, stupid, sorry collection of slimefucking media whore maggots.

I am starting to hope Bush will win solely so I can read the response it will get from these boards.

It’s all a plot of the liberal media.

Is this one of those things where you get poetic satisfaction from the thought of a nightingale pressing its breast against rose thorns so it will sing more sweetly?

Actually, if your own linked story is any indication, they did know, they just couldn’t be bothered to print it.

Emphasis mine.

So, they weren’t ignorant, just unethical.

Paging Arty Schlesinger.

Is there an Arthur M. Schlesinger Jr in the house?

<mouse wheels buzz>

Well, someone’s got to knock some sense into these fools in the media. What kind of editorial policy-shift is that?! Ain’t newspapers got any balls anymore?

Aw, who am I kidding? Newspapers are businesses, and businesses go where the people go.

That said, on the bright side it’s all in the readers’ hands. Why, in a year’s time, the rag’s liable to be a Silly Putty imprint of itself, a Bizarro World full of invective and fire and bilious criticism for Our Imperial Folly.
Aw, who am I kidding?

Yeah, like the Washington Post.

Oh, dear lord.

Next up, on the floor of Congress, someone will beat his chest and exclaim, “We did the best we could as far as intelligence oversight, but right now I would ask the gentleman from Alabama to yield that balance of his time so we don’t adjourn late.”

When you’re right you’re right, Lib.

Though I suppose that great access Woodward got to do that kissy-kissy book on the administration didn’t have anything to do with it.

What a maroon. Woodward, not Lib.

Depends. Is the nightingale Amy Acker?

The OP used the words “spewing” and “spewed”.

I hate it when people use those words, outside of talking about throwing up. It just reminds me of too many lame arse forums that I have visited in the past. :frowning:

Maybe it’s just me…