Last year we watched Survivor on an east cost station from the west coast. I’m trying to remember how we did it with no success. We would watch it at 6:00 our time. I googled it, but still no luck.
The only thing I can think of is that our cable package changed and that’s no longer an option.
I am not interested in using a VPN or a quasi-legal method. I’m looking for a straight forward viewing platform.
It wasn’t super clear if it had to be via cable TV, but if you’re willing to stream it, you can pay for Paramount Plus and stream it that way: Watch Survivor on Paramount+
I think on the highest tier, it’s live, otherwise you have to wait unti lthe next day to stream it.
Thanks. Yeah, I saw that but we’ve never had Paramount Plus. I could swear we watched it on an affiliate. It’s possible we watched it the next day but I particularly remember the east coast commercials.
At the risk of a stupid question, if it’s being broadcast all over the country by local affiliates everywhere, what is the advantage of seeing it on an east coast affiliate while you’re a west coast person? Other than seeing the weird out-of-area ads?
Pretty much what Dewey said. For example, I’m in the Mountain time zone, and right now, I’m watching the finale of America’s Got Talent being broadcast live from the NBC affiliate in Detroit. It came on at 7 pm Mountain time (9 pm Eastern), so I’m watching it now.
If I waited to watch it on the other NBC affiliate that I get from Spokane, WA, I would have to wait until 10 pm Mountain time, and it would be the same show I’m watching now, only taped. Not necessarily late for me, but if I get that Detroit station on my cable package, why not watch AGT now instead of later?