Water will no longer taste like water.

Foodstuffs aren’t affected. If you bought stock or broth at the store, it would be fine. The water in fruit would be fine. The condensation in a bag of baby carrots would be fine - UNLESS you tried to be sneaky and drink it. It’s a curse; that’s how they’d work.

With the water/ soup thing, I was imaging step one being filling the pot with tap water - which probably should be cursed, so you’d need to substitute a store bought stock. But I’ll back off that. Verdict: your cooking water is cursed until it’s clearly no longer just water that you’re trying to sneak by the curse. So, for example, ramen would initially be cursed, but would uncurse well before you could have a bite.

I literally can’t imagine a life without drinking water. It’s like you’ve turned against nature for diet sugar water.

I agree. We have spring water (as do several of our neighbors with older homes) and I do a little happy dance inside my head whenever I drink a glass. It’s the best water I’ve ever tasted, and I drink about 2 L every day. I’ve lived in a couple places with terrible water (St. Louis Park, MN, I’m looking at you :mad:), but I’d rather drink water like that than any kind of soda.

Concord grape juice.

Wow, that’s one hell of a curse, even with the new (fairer) rules.

Hmm.

Green tea. Preferably a sweet, plain brew, with no sugar/milk/honey/etc added, as that would be most “neutral”.

Actually, now I’m tempted to make vegetable stew with green tea in place of water/stock just to see how it tastes.

Well, with the new rules, then yep. Diet pepsi! Can still mix vodka and rum in it. My favorite bloody marys will be out the window though, phooey. But I’d be healthier, 'cause I’d be drinking water, finally!

where does cucumber fall into your ‘tastes like water’ stuff?

Lady Grey Tea.

Yap I can live with that. Wait! do I have to bathe in it?

I’m a water maniac, so that would be tough. Of all the available choices, I’d go with chicken broth. I like to cook, and I even now occasionally drink “chicken broth tea” simply because I like it.

No other “refreshing” drinks made with water are all that important to me. I’d rather be able to have something palatable to drink and cook with.

No, nothing every actual transforms into a different beverage, but your mouth perceives it to if you try to drink it.

No, nothing every actually transforms into a different beverage, but your mouth perceives it to if you try to drink it. That’s why you won’t get intoxicated, or caffeinated, or take in any calories from your cursed water.

Yeah, I couldn’t handle water not tasting like water. I love it. In fact, think I’m going to go grab me a big old glass of it now.

Diet Mountain Dew. And man, will I save money.

I fill up my Camelbak with 24 oz of col refreshing water three times a day at work and at least twice at home. I drink a LOT of water. I’d have to make a major lifestyle change as nothing else tastes as good. I love the taste of tap water, and refuse to drink bottled water unless I have no choice.

In short, I’d be heartbroken.

So I probably drink between 1 and 1.5 gallons of water a day. I really do love water.

But since it’s a full sensory swap, I’m going with whole milk. I can’t get enough of the stuff, which means I hardly ever buy it since I drink it so quickly.

Ice cold milk whenever I want it, with none of the attendant stomach issues from drinking too much too quickly, especially after a workout or something?

Cooking with whole milk without worrying about calories?

Delicious frosty milk coming out of the water cooler in my classroom?

This frankly sounds awesome.

Beer. A really good, fresh Czech lager will do nicely, especially after the curse was modified. My initial qualm was cooking liquids, but with the modifications, that’s no longer a problem. Although it’s going to be a bitch to explain to my principal.

Human blood.

Ohh, that’s a hard one.

Either weak-brewed sweet tea, or ice-cold (like an ice-skim-on-the-top cold) whole milk. I think I’d go with tea, just because milk is more of a special-occasion thing.

I hate drinking water - I always have to add lemon or just drink sweet tea anyway. If I could drink my sweet tea without the calories from the sugar or the side-effects of the caffeine, and not have to buy the tea? Fuck curse, that’s a blessing!