We got'sch PUPPIES!

How about five Samoyed puppies (four girls and one boy), less than a week old, for your viewing delight? Their mother is Noel, Daystar’s Christmas Surprise, so named because she was born on something like December 22, the only puppy in a litter to a mother whom my landlady didn’t even know was pregnant.

This is Noel’s third litter, I believe. She’s our big bundle of joy.

Adorable little fuzzy babies! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

[earshattering SQUEEing, much to my cat’s irritation]

Please keep the adorable babydog pictures coming. Also, please give Mama hugs and tell her what a good and pretty girl she is.

Oh yes, squeeee!!! We will need regular updates you know.

OMG! Does one of those l’il biskits have a black spot on his head? *faints*

They’re adorable! Mom and pups, all of them.

Are you going to have her spayed?

SQUEE!!! I had a Samoyed once… best dog EVAR.

OMG. I think I’m love.

Are you in Oregon? Can I come see them??

SQUEE!!!

Noel belongs to our landlady. This being Noel’s third litter, there’s a possibility that our landlady may choose not to breed her anymore, but I don’t know. This is what she does for a living, is breed, raise, and show Samoyeds. They’re high-quality show dogs, too.

Sorry, Virginia. If you buy a plane ticket, though, I’ll see what I can do, hehe.

Noel has that great big Sammy Smile™ on her face every now and then that shows us she’s just loving this. Every now and then, though, even the most patient mother needs a little time away from the babies, so we have a small gap in between the gate and the whelping box for her to retreat to when she needs to.

Oh, they look so sweet and cuddly. I hope we get to see more of them.

How old is mama? She’s a beauty.

Noelle (corrected spelling) is roughly 5 1/2 years old, born December 20, 2016. (I checked my landlady’s breeding company’s website for that information).

Wanna see some Noelle pictures? No problem!

Noelle as a newborn with her mother, Willow:

Noelle at 8 weeks:

Noelle at 3 months:

Noelle at 7 months:

Noelle in 2020 with newborn puppies:

There aren’t enough squeees!

Tiny tiny tiny puppies!

– undoubtedly growing fast.

Absolutely beautiful.

I think it’s a color code mark, like the other puppies have, just moved to an awkward spot. One of my cats was the purple kitten when they were still all white before their points developed at a month or so old.

I believe my landlady said something about it being left over from when the Samoyed breed looked different than it does today. I’ll try to get more information.

Tonight’s photograph:

That is extremely cute. Thanks for sharing.

I blew up the photo a ways and the other four all have pink baby collars so I’m assuming those are the girls but with only one boy there’s no real reason to mark him and I figured they’d have used blue if it was a marker. That spot looks to be up by his ear and it’s definitely black. I’ve just never seen a Samoyed with any other color than a bit of biscuit swirl here and there–friend of mine had one with an almost apricot colored pattern on her, very pretty.

It’s a throwback. There used to be black and white Samoyeds in their genetic history, even pure black ones. But in the 1600s, Samoyeds started being bred for white fur.

This is only the second time in 25 years of breeding that my landlady’s dogs have had even a little bit of black fur show up. The first time, it was just a few hairs and the owner was able to pluck them out and make a champion show dog out of it.

This one, the black fur is far more extensive, and if it were all to come off, they’d be bald on that part of their body. Which, obviously, is not an option. Fortunately, the prospective owner likes the dog as she is (the affected dog is a girl, apparently), but she’ll be placed as a pet, not as a show dog.

Moar photos!

(I don’t know why some images are embedding and some aren’t.)