Weird pedo distraction

I’m sure you can provide similar examples then. Not just of them with kids but with the kids looking creeped out.

I dont have the resources of the Bernie Bros, the Kremlin and the GOP to comb the internet for such photos. Nor the ability to subtly alter such photos to make the kids look “creeped out”.

You can do this with an easy Google image search.

And yeah, Trump is creepy too. Who’d have guessed?

https://www.poconorecord.com/news/20200808/anti-biden-ad-pictures-have-been-altered-and-other-fact-checks

Photo shows Democratic presidential hopeful Joe Biden kissing a young girl’s cheek.

### THE FACTS

The photo is being misrepresented. The man in the photo is Mexican President Andrés Manuel López Obrador. Posts circulating on social media are using an image of López Obrador kissing a young girl in an effort to cast Biden in a negative light. “Ladies and Gentlemen Let me introduce the Democratic Leader for the Presidency of the United States of America!!! Joe Biden!!!,”

But thanks for helping the trump campaign by spreading some of their faked photos.

Absolutely nothing you posted has anything to do with what I posted.

Guys, I would prefer if my thread about pedo distractions wouldn’t be hijacked by a pedo distraction. None of the Facebook people are saying that Biden is a pedo, and we all agree he isn’t one, anyways.

I can’t tell you what to do, of course. But I would really like my original questions to be answered, and I worry that continuing on this hijack will make that less likely.

You said: “There are plenty of photos of Biden being a creep towards children.”

Let me phrase that correctly- There are plenty of FAKED photos of Biden being a creep towards children.

You did not show that the photo I posted was fake.

Or any of him creeping on kids/women photos were fake.

The point is that the photos you linked to could be entirely normal and appropriate affection, depending on the relationships between Biden and those families. In the real world, affection between adults and kids is pretty common and usually not creepy.

Using such videos or pictures for political attacks, without context or consent from the children and families involved, is pretty creepy, though.

1. it’s the last “boogeyman” they have to scare parents with. they can’t really demonize “the gays” anymore, at least not widely, so they need someone else to claim is out there to snatch their kids away. despite, of course, that if there is someone with any ill intentions towards their child(ren), it’s most likely someone they already know and trust.

2. it’s more proof that the internet was a mistake. it boggles my mind how many people have been sucked in by the QAnon horseshit.

“Baby kissing” used to be a common term for political campaigning. It was considered entirely normal behavior for politicians to hug and kiss (nonsexual kisses) constituents’ kids. They used to wade into crowds and hug just about anybody.

Of course, we used to worry less that somebody in the crowd would shoot the politician. I don’t know whether that happened less often, but we certainly worried about it less often.

Exactly. And with famous men, whether or not they’re great.

And, for that matter, with “Santa Claus” at the mall; or, before malls, at the department store.

I agree that kids who don’t want to shouldn’t be pushed into this, as they often used to be. But I find this insistence that any contact between children and adults not their caretakers must be sexual to be, well, creepy.

I’ve noticed this trend lately too. Its usually a meme about something like ‘if pedophilia becomes a sexual orientation can hunting them become an extreme sport’ and most are posted by Trump supporters (darkly ironic considering all the child sex abuse accusations he has).

I haven’t seen any accusations against Biden from them though.

No, you wouldn’t have. No chance. Tell me what law he broke.

Then there would be pictures of parents in his face and very upset, rather than parents standing by and smiling.

While the Internet plays a part, I think that has more to do with things being shit, and people wanting some sort of comforting explanation. QAnon got its start because of Trump, and him being so bad that people who still hold onto the just world hypothesis looking for some sort of way to deal with it mentally. Then COVID-19 just pumped things up to 11.

Oddly enough, I still have a bit of the just world hypothesis. But it’s future based–as in, we can fight to make a just world, but the world right now is not that. I think that’s probably the best way to think about it, since believing in a just world hypothesis is actually helpful psychologically, particularly when dealing with a moral injury like the ones many of us are facing–finding out just how many people have been lying about their moral principles.

Anyways, the thing is, when things are going good, no one needs to believe in conspiracy theories. It’s always the bad things, and thinking that something so bad must have been caused by some secret nefarious plot. Or secretly be a good thing.

Ooh. I have noticed those, but I didn’t connect them to the other stuff, since they weren’t necessarily the same people. I wonder if my more liberal friends got caught up with that one. I wondered why people suddenly seemed to think this was a thing again. I just assumed some trolls were going at it–not part of any trend.

I could get into the history there, but it would be a distraction. I’ll just say that the DSM-V got a bit too concerned with getting pedophiles to get treatment without worry of being arrested when they hadn’t actually offended (yet), and used some unfortunate wording that was then promptly fixed once it was pointed out to them. Pedophilia is now officially a paraphilia–a maladaptive sexual obsession.

I think it was John Oliver who pointed out recently that most maps of the US look the same. The covid map, sex trafficking map, number of McDonalds restaurants, number of non-white people…they all look the same because the “heat” is around large cities and/or dense populations.

Unfortunately, my own daughter copied and posted what is probably the same list. It included the recent attempted assassination of a federal judge that had nothing to do with pedophilia, Tom Hanks is now a Greek citizen, and Hanks himself has been accused of messing with kids.

I told her that the only things true on her list was that Hanks and his wife are Greek (and American) citizens and one other, unrelated thing.

She insisted that there is evidence of all this stuff. There is not.

However, my daughter is no deep political thinker. She is a mother who loves her kids. So, she has decided that child sex-trafficking is now the most important issue in the world.

I agree that this is really the issue. It has promoted distrust in my daughter. She is certain that Epstein was murdered and Maxwell will perish soon. So, she is attracted to politicians who make her feel “safe” – people like tough-guy Donald Trump, who doesn’t take shit from anyone (even though teens on TikTok terrify him) and is the only one actually doing something about this issue. The fact that Biden currently has no role in government doesn’t seem to dawn on her. The fact that Trump is a likely participant with Epstein/Maxwell doesn’t seem to faze her, even though he is the most likely person to have Maxwell “suicided”. (That’s my word, not hers.)

So, what we have is a real issue that has now been elevated to the most important problem currently facing our planet and, between Trump and Biden, Trump is the only one doing anything about the issue at all. So, Trump is her choice.

My daughter is not a bad person. She has never been very good at discerning the motivations of people she actually knows very well, let alone the motivations of people she has never met.

That part makes me just a little bit sad. I kinda hope your son-in-law has been properly vetted.

Even though his government’s the one misplacing children…

But yeah, I’ve seen this stuff or something similar pop up in other venues and channels. And as pointed out, bringing forward debunkings or evidence to the contrary has zero effect. In one location, after a whole page of posts correcting misconceptions the person simply stated that was proof that he was on the right path.

And indeed I agree, it’s one more instance in a general trend toward keeping everyone scared of everyone else and dreading an imminent cataclysm. When everyone is at one another’s throats or hunkered down waiting for hardship, and there is no such thing as an acceptable ally (because something will be dug up of him/her failing at some litmus test of right-thinking or right-doing), is the good time for opportunists to get ahead and end on top. (Littlefinger Baylish school of politics: “Chaos is a ladder.”)

And of course, chaos-climbers and authoritarians around the world love the idea of pedophile conspiracies because that is so far THE one thing to which nobody can say, “but, wait what about context, and verifiable evidence, doing things through proper channels and…” because the middle class parents will completely freak out.