Weirdest names you've ever heard

I wondered with an Asian man whose name was pronounced “Sin Sin”, I forgot how he spelled it but his first name was Sin and his last name was Sin.

There’s a realtor in the town I grew up in named Rose E. Kuntz.

And then there is Sen. Reed Smoot, responsible for the Smoot-Hawley Tariff. The Smoot-Hawley Tariff is famous both for its name being used repeatedly in Dave Barry’s farcical history of the United States (Dave Barry Slept Here) because he just loves the sound of it, and for significantly worsening the Great Depression.

While that’s a very unfortunate name, I’d expect it to be pronounced “Koontz” rather than Kuntz. Not that it would stop anybody…

Reminds me…there is a former ballplayer and I think still a coach with the KC Royals whose name is Rusty Kuntz.

Spangler Arlington Brugh - Real name of actor Robert Taylor

Herbert Fux - Prolific Austrian actor

Dr. Hertz - Dentist

Smilax P. Sandau - Chiropractor whose office was next to a revival theater I used to frequent.

Dick Shiner - NFL quarterback, 1964-74

Yuja Wang - Classical pianist

Can’t believe I forgot… Johnny Bizzarro, boxer

Silvestri Silvestri was a Common Pleas Court judge in Allegheny County, PA in the 1980s and 1990s, then became a judge on the PA Commonwealth Court.

Yes! I remember him.

What were mom&dad Silvestri thinking?

There’s a crooked, suspended lawyer in my hometown named Thorn Thorn.

In the past couple of weeks, I have met two different women, both born in the 1980s, named Kyrie. I even had occasion to check ID on one of them. Sure enough, her middle name was Eleison. But she was born 3 years before the Mr. Mister song!

When I was young I knew a kid named Jay Walker, and another named Sandy Lane.

Wait for it…

Eggly Bagelface

And a Cardinal Law here in Boston.

(Shoulda quoted the post I was replying to – which was the one about Cardinal Sin of the Philippines.)

A propos of nothing, I actually worked with a guy named Hannibal Scipio. (That’s a Punic War reference, for those of you who don’t find it blindingly obvious, and made by one of his ancestors – he was Hannibal III or IV, as I recall.)

It’s a New England WASP thing.

Old joke, from Calvin Trillin:

When I went to college, I met my roommate, Hatcher Thatcher Baxter III. Then I started dating his sister, Thatcher Hatcher Baxter.

Or something along those lines, anyway. I haven’t looked it up, I just remember it from something or other.

236 posts and no menion of Reality WInner?

Also, there was a guy in my high school named Robin Sherwood.

I worked with a guy named Kuntz. And every time we’d get a new sergeant and he’d be taking the roll call, we’d reach a point where the new sergeant would suddenly stop…

And Kuntz would say “It’s pronounced koonts.”

You may not believe this, but it’s the honest to God truth. Our school had a family whose last name was “Piggie”. They had twin girls named “Ima” and “Eura”.

The doctor who delivered me was H. E. Bonebrake.