Wendy Davis for Governor of Texas?

Ugh… Texas is becoming more red. And is better off than most of country.

What a shock. Your sentence makes two claims, neither of which is true. Thanks for contributing to the conversation.

As a liberal guy from the pacific northwest who is proud to call Texas his home now (and Houston at that, can you believe it?), I too cannot wait for the day Texas turns blue again, at any state elected level.

I’m excited she’s running. If she gets the nom, I’ll be voting for her (I’ll be voting for any Democrat of course, even a convicted felon if that’s who is on the ballot).

But if Bill White couldn’t even get close to winning, Wendy Davis has literally a snowball’s chance in hell. The only chance she has, I’d say, would be if every Republican dropped dead in Texas a day or two before the election. And even then, I’d wonder if she could pull off a win here :slight_smile:

Now, Universe, I know I haven’t been a very good pantheist, but if I could just have this one sign…

It’s starting to look like Wendy Davis really scares the Pubs for some reason. They have been working to smear her for months now. And now this.

And even Bristol Palin has come out to accusing Wendy Davis of being a prostitute.

Which leads me to ask - why does constantly calling women misogynistic slurs and claiming they’re prostitutes work so well with the Republican base?

Democrats can’t afford hookers, and are thereby woefully ignorant of their character flaws?

Irrelevant fun fact: When the Pubbies were convening in St. Paul, MN (the subconscious of the Twin Cities), they gathered to party down at a local bar, and danced to the rhythmic stylings of a local rock band named Hookers and Blow.

Nailed it. Got any stock tips?

I wish he’d explain that quote. How did the gentleman happen to meet all of these whores in his travels?

They were epic whores. For instance, Handjob Hannah was on a quest to recover the Crown Jewels of Katmandu . . .

I think he was referring to the current practice of naming the heads of parishes and boroughs “presidents”.

ETA: oh, look, this thread has two pages. :smack:

Yeah, that was kind of scary. And sad.

Well, they didn’t bring up the ZZ Top thing.

Even Evil Has Standards.

Wendy Davis isn’t going to be elected anything. Enjoy speculating all you like, but Greg Abbott will trounce her.

I think you might have strong grounds to sue for copyright infringement. It’s like they just lifted this quote and ran with it as their official game plan against Davis.

Any particular reason, other than, you know, Republican in Texas?

I’ll vote for her.

Todd Kincannon, former head of the South Carolina GOP, is having a Twitter meltdown about her today calling her a “whore,” saying “I don’t care if folks attack Wendy Davis unfairly. I just want her attacked” and saying she should have been aborted.

They aren’t scared at all.

http://aattp.org/vile-teapublican-todd-kincannon-has-wendy-davis-meltdown-on-twitter/

You’re probably right, but I suspect she’ll bring more Democrats to the voting booth, which should cause more votes for Democrats to be cast. This could lead to a few positions switching from R to D. So even if she doesn’t win, her momentum could effect some change in the political landscape.

I really have to laugh at the way the R’s are attacking her. Personal attacks like those make me want to support her even more.

No Democrat has one statewide elective office in Texas for a long time now, and I don’t think that’s going to change for quite a while.

As I said a few months ago, Bill White couldn’t manage to pull it off and he was quite a moderate.

Abortion is such a huge issue in this state, there’s no chance Davis wins.