Wendy Davis for Governor of Texas?

Just out of curiosity, if anything happens to Perry, who, if anyone, inherits his markers?

Get thee to Cicero, Illinois!: http://www.thetownofcicero.com/offices/office-of-the-president

Did I ever claim that they were independent republics? Further, what the hell is an “actual president”? My point was that “president” is just a word that means the leader of an organization. Your shot at Texas was stupid and pointless, and the term “president” is commonly used in many different organizations including other political ones.

The shame on Texas remark should be for the multiple re-elections of Rick Perry. Gregg Abbott would be an astronomical improvement.

So what will Perry do after he runs for POTUS and loses? What use are all those loyal state appointees to an ex-governor?

It’s not clear if anybody will. Abbott is a fundraising fiend and seems to have tapped into most of Perry’s major donors, but doesn’t have anywhere near Perry’s clout - yet.

The race for Governor is the one people are talking about, but with Abbott seeking to move up, the office of Attorney General will be up for grabs, the Comptroller is stepping down at the end of her term, and although the Lt. Governor seems to want to stay on in his current job, he’s already got two announced primary challengers, both of whom are serious contenders. With that much shakeup in statewide office, I don’t know if we’ll really find out who’s on top until it all settles somewhat.

People who can pull strings for him, and they people he’ll work for, when needed. There’s always the Fox circuit and lobbying. I’m sure plenty of monied interests owe him favors at this point.

Run a Super-PAC, lobby on behalf of causes, have someone ghost-write a book for him, be a political commentator, go on the speaker circuit. Pretty much the usual things that former office holders do. Of course, since he’s an Aggie, he may use his influences to secure a large collection of sheep to do his sexual bidding.

If he is truly an Aggie, the sheep would outsmart him.

Remember, his fellow Aggie Clayton Williams thinks rape victims should just lay back and enjoy it. Rick Perry never learned that baaaaaa means no.

Was it Clayton Williams of whom Jim Hightower said, when informed that the politico was learning Spanish, joked, “Oh, good - now he’ll be bi-ignorant.”

No, Hightower was talking about Bill Clements.

Thanks. With a username like that, I have great confidence in your answer.

My comment about Texas would be stupid and pointless if I didn’t know a great many Texans that consider their state to be just this side of an independent republic still. And since there is a history of Texas presidents your uses of NY boroughs and Louisiana parishes as an example made no sense.

No still stupid and pointless. I’m sure your fellow Texas bashing cohorts busted a gut though.

Hey, what do you call the brown stuff that gets between the tire treads of a Texas Cadillac?

Slow Mexicans.

I’ve lived in Texas for most of my life (other than a brief stint in Georgia as a kid, and a couple of years in Utah as an adult. I used to love this state.

I’ve watched it go down hill for 40+ years now and I think it’s been damaged so badly that it is unlikely to be fixable, and least in my lifetime.

Our legislature deserves to bashed. Our state is not the place it was or could have been. The integrated circuit, the microprocessor, the transistor…all came from Texas and yet we gutted our education system and we are becoming a source of cheap labor instead of a technological leader.

She’s going to run.

I’ll consider it a victory if she cracks 40%.

It may well be too early. I’d even say likely. But the tide in Texas is turning, with agonizing slowness, and fiercely resisted by a Republican establishment that will do anything to keep its grip on power. Sooner or later, they will lose, but that time may not be now.

And Wendy? Keep in mind, if they think you have no chance, they will be gentlemen, they will pat you on your pretty little head and compliment you on your shoes.

But if you worry them, if they are afraid of you, they will fight dirty. If there is anything remotely embarrassing, sordid or sleazy in your life, they will find it. They will find 50 people who will swear they saw you in your office reading Fifty Shades of Grey and rubbing one out. Another fifty will swear they know you from college, shooting marijuana and smoking LSD with your Maoist Study Group. You are a slut, a nympho, a ZZ Top groupy and a radical lesbian separatist. And a Unitarian atheist, which is the worst kind.

And if you don’t have anything remotely embarrassing, sordid or sleazy in your life, what the hell are you doing in the Texas lege?