[QUOTE=Rubystreak]
But could he do it over the Internet? That’s my question.
[/quote]
I don’t know–I couldn’t figure out how he did it in person. I just don’t have his powers of observation. Thinking about it, he probably couldn’t do it over the internet with a bunch of strangers. I think he did observe body language and such. Although that doesn’t explain all his abilities in that line.
Girl probably wasn’t. She didn’t know me well. I don’t think she knew Boy well, although she may have known him better than she knew me, and I don’t think she like having to make THE decision which would cause one of us to win the game. Too much pressure.
I caught a glimpse of what may have been a dribble of blood on Enginerd’s pocket-protector out of the corner of my eye while s/he silently lurked in a dark corner of town. So I’m casting my vote for Enginerd. Perhaps it will lure him/her out into the harsh and consequential light of day.
[QUOTE=Eureka]
On the other hand, I once played with a group of 10-15. I was the only Mafia person left, with two townspeople. I (uncharacteristically) announced that I was sure that Boy was Mafia. Boy claimed I was Mafia. Girl dithered and dithered before finally picking Boy to lynch, despite more than one dead person who “helpfully” agreed with Boy that I was acting out of character(my IRL character, not my in game character). And so, I won.
[/QUOTE]
When I played in RL, there was a rule that dead people had to be quiet or leave the game area, so as not to influence the other players. Also, voting was done by a show of hands to avoid confusion. So, I propose a couple of rules, subject to everyone’s agreement and Revenant Threshold’s approval.
Non-players, or players who have been killed, should not post anything that could affect the outcome of the game. For example, if we lynch Og and Og turns out to be a werewolf, he should not post all the secret werewolf discussions he has had access to or anything like that.
If you wish to retract a vote, or vote against something, I suggest that it be colored red, like this: Don’t hang Og! He’s innocent!
Do you bring a picnic basket to your own lynching? That is the question. If I do, anyone who voted to lynch me isn’t allowed to eat the chicken salad.
[/QUOTE]
Mmm..chicken salad..
I didn’t try to lynch you yet. I’ll get some bread should the need arise.
::wanders around suspiciously, looking for Robin Williams-esque hairy arms::
Non-players, or players who have been killed, should not post anything that could affect the outcome of the game. For example, if we lynch Og and Og turns out to be a werewolf, he should not post all the secret werewolf discussions he has had access to or anything like that.
If you wish to retract a vote, or vote against something, I suggest that it be colored red, like this: Don’t hang Og! He’s innocent!
[/QUOTE]
Sounds good to me.
Come on, people! What’s a lynching without a little hysteria? Or better yet, a lot of hysteria?!? This is the saddest excuse for an hysterical mob I’ve ever seen. Where’s your torches? Your pitchforks? Eh?
Eh?
Why, back when I was a lad, we knew how to gather an angry mob. Now come on!
[QUOTE=sturmhauke]
When I played in RL, there was a rule that dead people had to be quiet or leave the game area, so as not to influence the other players. Also, voting was done by a show of hands to avoid confusion. So, I propose a couple of rules, subject to everyone’s agreement and Revenant Threshold’s approval.
Non-players, or players who have been killed, should not post anything that could affect the outcome of the game. For example, if we lynch Og and Og turns out to be a werewolf, he should not post all the secret werewolf discussions he has had access to or anything like that.
If you wish to retract a vote, or vote against something, I suggest that it be colored red, like this: Don’t hang Og! He’s innocent!
[/QUOTE]
I’m guessing that if you merely want to unvote, you could post in blue that you are voting for no one. I don’ think that voting against something has any game effect, so any color changing that you do is purely decorative.
[QUOTE=Winston Smith]
Nonsense. Nobody doesn’t like bacon. If anything, she’s further implicated herself. Lynch her! Lynch her! Lynch her!
[/QUOTE]
I’m a vegetarian and I still like bacon. I just don’t eat it. Vegetarian werewolf would be quite a thing, eh? “Oh my god, just look what that monster did to Farmer Johnson’s carrot patch! There are scraps of dismembered tomato guts everywhere! I think I’m going to be sick! Damn that beast’s craving for the hot V-8 juices!”
[QUOTE=Rubystreak]
I’m a vegetarian and I still like bacon. I just don’t eat it. Vegetarian werewolf would be quite a thing, eh? “Oh my god, just look what that monster did to Farmer Johnson’s carrot patch! There are scraps of dismembered tomato guts everywhere! I think I’m going to be sick! Damn that beast’s craving for the hot V-8 juices!”
[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=JSexton]
I’m guessing that if you merely want to unvote, you could post in blue that you are voting for no one. I don’ think that voting against something has any game effect, so any color changing that you do is purely decorative.
[/QUOTE]
The different colors are to help prevent our esteemed GM from having to backtrack too much. If I vote for Og, then 20 posts later vote for the Invisible Pink Unicorn instead, then 30 posts after that vote for nobody, it can get confusing.
[QUOTE=ComeToTheDarkSideWeHaveCookies]
I caught a glimpse of what may have been a dribble of blood on Enginerd’s pocket-protector out of the corner of my eye while s/he silently lurked in a dark corner of town. So I’m casting my vote for Enginerd. Perhaps it will lure him/her out into the harsh and consequential light of day.
[blue text reformatted to reduce confusion - Eng.]
[/QUOTE]
Blood? Are you crazy? That’s ketchup - the pocket protector comes part and parcel with a complete lack of social graces (like, say, using napkins). I’ve got no time for nocturnal killings - there’s no utility in it and it’s an inefficient way to spend my limited resources. And if you’re going to go with the nerdy engineer stereotype (which I guess I’ve brought on myself), you can go all the way - I’m a guy.
Still, I harbor no ill will towards Cookies for her(?) incredibly short-sighted and offensive accusation. I’m going to have to cast my vote for Menocchio. I mean, he (she?) claims to have been “raised by wolves.” Since we’re just shooting blind, that seems like a pretty decent way to start.
[QUOTE=Winston Smith]
Nonsense. Nobody doesn’t like bacon. If anything, she’s further implicated herself. Lynch her! Lynch her! Lynch her!
[/QUOTE]
I have to agree with Winston. If someone doesn’t like bacon, that’s just plan unnatural. I’ve gotta put in a vote for jsgoddess. sadly waves goodbye to the chicken salad