Wha' happened?

Hey! Where’d it go?

Lynn the Packrat

Uh…Isn’t this kinda like the fire chief in the Coconut Grove saying, “Say…Do you smell smoke?”

No C&P.

Ed informs me that the board has had some sort of hiccup and that it will probably be tomorrow at least before it’s fixed.

Fret not, hold tight, do the best you can – 'cause we are too. And we’ll get through this.

your humble TubaDiva/SDStaffDiv
for the Straight Dope

Well this explains how Lynn gets so much done-she’s twins!

“When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.”
Hunter Thompson

Fortunately for the whole world, I am NOT twins.

Lynn the Packrat

For your reading pleasure, bringing up to the top:

Post number 1 of the MPSIMS forum.

La franchise ne consiste pas à dire tout ce que l’on pense, mais à penser tout ce que l’on dit.
H. de Livry

An… auspicious beginning, I would have to say…

Yer pal,
Satan

Well, it may have the URL http://www.straightdope.com/ubb/Forum4/HTML/000001.html but there’s a bunch more before it, like this one that was originally posted about three months earlier.

There’s an 000001.html file in GQ from just a couple of weeks ago, and the 000002.html file in GQ has the same date of origin as this one. I’m WAGing that certain system events cause the software to start over with numbering posts and the techies have to go catch it and get it back to where it was.

If that’s right, then the original posts in MPSIMS and GQ are lost and gone forever, or exist only on CR backup media.