WHAT A GREAT NIGHT!! WOOOO!

<h2>The YANKESS beat the evil Red Sox for yet another World Series appearance!!

The GIANTS beat the evil Cowboys on national television for the first time EVER!!

My thumb is callused from flipping back and forth, my nerves aare frayed from two close games, I’ll never get to sleep…

BUT IT WAS THE BEST NIGHT OF MY LIFE!!

Okay, maybe not “the best,” but right up there!!

GOOD TRIUMPS OVER EVIL!!

NEW YORK SPORTS RULE!!!

JESUS CHRIST, I’M FUCKING HAPPY!!</h2>

Yer pal,
Satan

New York sports rule, my left buttock!
The Colts beat the Jets.
So there.

Damn Yankees! I hate them. I was rootin’ for the Sox. Fat lot o’ good it did me.

Leslie Irish Evans
http://leslie.scrappy.net

Peyote:

(1) That was Sunday, not Monday!

1. The Jets don’t count, and with the exception of a single game thirty years ago (also against the Colts, ironically enough), never have!

Girl Next Door:

Curse Of The Bambino
Bucky Dent
Bill Buckner

BLAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Oh, and feel free to correct the typos in the OP, or not. I was, and still am, AMPED!!

YAY! YAY! YAY! YAY!

Baseballs’ the one with the stick, right?
Larry

Is this Football? Basketball? Oh who gives a shit?

“Well, roll me in eggs and flour and bake me for forty minutes!”

The Legend Of PigeonMan

Whoa, Satan said, “Jesus Christ, I’m fucking happy!” Has beelzebub has sold his soul to the lord? Ya just can’t count on anything in this world, or the next apparently. Good luck in the big dance, Satan. I’m pullin’ for the Mets; that game Sunday was a thing of beauty.

“The problem with the world is that everyone is a few drinks behind.” - Humphrey Bogart

Anyone can have a bad century.

(die-hard Sox fan since conception)

Jeremy…

I can think of no more stirring symbol of man’s humanity to man than a fire engine - Kurt Vonnegut

Does ANYONE else notice the direct correlation of my abject misery and Satan’s hysterical happiness?

Coincident my ass.

Satan, et. al.,

I’ve noticed a few references the the evil cowboys. Why exactly are the cowboys evil? I figured it was because they’re from Texas and everyone hates Texans. Is that right?

Okay, you truly are evil. I’d always wondered if you were the real Satan but now I have no doubts.

Leslie Irish Evans
http://leslie.scrappy.net

Mr Thin Skin:

The Cowboys are evil for several reasons. One reason is that their fans are for th most part bandwagon-riding jerks who couldn’t find Dallas on a map, and their knowledge of football is even worse than their sense of geography.

Now then, even in the '70s, when the Cowboys won a lot and developed this fanbase, they had class. Landry, Staubuck, Dorsett were classy winners.

Then Jerry Jones came in. He is an egotistical asshole. He fires Landry, a legend, and brings in Jimmy Johnson, also a huge asshole.

The team winds up taking the personality of those two, becoming drug users, womanizing bastards. Egos bigger than Texas. And their “fans” only got stupider and more vocal in this time.

The Cowboys ARE evil. Make no bones about it…

Last night my fiance sort of dared me to sing a Damn Yankees song. Being the self-righteous Broadway musical aficionado that I am, I busted into “You Gotta Have Heart.” He scornfully stopped me and clarified that he expected a song by the BAND Damn Yankees. This sort of illustrates the fundamental reasons that we fight so much.

Mostly unrelated to the thread - but it was another reason that last night was unpleasant for me.

Sucks to your assmar.

Ex-squeeze me? Who is everyone? Texans are smart, sexy, and lovable.

So bite me.

You say “cheesy” like that’s a BAD thing.

Let me get this straight, Satan old pal. The Dallas Cowboys are evil because they are owned by Jerry Jones. No argument there from this Buffalo fan. But the New York Yankees are not evil despite being owned by a man who is clearly one of your minions (and an upper management one would be my guess)?

PS There appears to be at least one typo in your OP. That was a New Jersey football team that won Monday night. The only New York team in the NFL is 4-2 despite a tragic loss to Oakland.

Mike King:

Wide right.

When did the subject change to LT?

Geez, I’m still holding out hope that the Reds will make it to the World Series this year…

And if not, the Bengals are a shoe-in for the SuperBowl!

Lisa, smiling vacuously