What all is contained inside a scrotum?

Back in college (late 70’s) I felt that “The Scrotes” would be a wonderful name for a band. Then I discovered that it was.

I wonder if I thought of it first…

It sounds like a punk band formed by hardbitten young working class dropouts hailing from some industrial town in northern England.

The removal of a testicle is called an orchiectomy, and is performed through an incision in the lower abdomen, and the testicle is pulled out of the scrotum from the top.

Wanna know how I know that?

And now, for a musical interlude! http:/ww.youtube.com/watch?v=Epz7WbhpHZo NSFW (really!)

Emphasis mine.

No.

So doctors have stopped biting them off with their teeth?

First, there’s the testes: the tunical vaginalis surround the tunical albuginea. Inside the tunica albuginea, sperm is generated in the seminiferous tubules and travel through the rete testis and onward through the ducts of the epididymis to the ductus deferens, where it leaves the testis and travels up the spermatic cord.

Along with the ductus deferens, the spermatic cord contains the testicular artery, the pampiniform venous plexus, nerve fibers and the cremaster muscle, which allows the testis to elevate and descend.

There are also various fascia and the dartos muscle: smooth muscle just under the skin which causes the skin of the scrotum to wrinkle to retain heat.

I’ve probably made at least a few mistakes and I’ve left out some details, but that’s about it in a nutshell.

One of the funniest thingsI read on the dope was about someone experiencing a torsion during a job interview. If only I knew how to link to that thread…

This implies that Honoré de Balzac’s name literally translates to “Honor of the Ballsack.”

… really …

<bolding mine> - ahem - I see what you did there.

• Golf clap *

Nm

There once was a man from Devizes
Whose balls were of different sizes.
The one was so small
It was no ball at all,
But the other one won several prizes.

If limericks are ok, then so should be my third-hand story! TMI

Ok, high school health class, female teacher. She told us of an acquaintance of hers who caught a fin to the groin while surfing off of the Southern California coast. In too much pain to continue surfing, he went back to shore and the showers. Stripping off the wetsuit, the testicle that had gotten sliced open UNRAVELED TO THE FLOOR.

I have no idea what happened after that. All of the guys in the class started cringing and whining, and then class was over for the day. She never brought it up again.

Wow, that’s just nuts.

That’s hard to believe without some first-hand testemony.

Nice double golf. Clap.