What are the 5 most interesting things about you?

Contestants on Jeopardy have to list 5 interesting but brief facts about themselves so Alex can introduce them. What would you list for yourself? What makes you interesting?

I have six children, one whom I lost to cancer 18 months ago.
I delivered my 4th child by myself in an emergency and assisted the midwife with the next two.
I taught two years in Budapest, Hungary.
I grew up on Maui.
uuummmm :confused:
I have seaon tickets to Sea World?

I can’t think of one, let alone five.

1. I’m 20, I went on a round-the-world trip when I was six, and I’ve already travelled to more countries than most people (I think).

2. I can do flicks, somersaults, the splits and walk on my hands until I’m tired.

3. I have weird hair. It’s mega curly (ringlets) yet fine. I always get comments. Them: “Is it natural?” Me: “No, it’s a wig.” :rolleyes: Well, that’s what I want to say…

4. My father is an Islander but I hate fish, and my Mother is British and I hate baked beans. :confused:

5. I can hold a casual conversation in Mandarin Chinese.

I love questions like that. Usually they make great ice breaker questions at parties, assemblies, or college classes. They usually only ask for 3 interesting facts, but I have 5:

1. I earned a black belt in karate when I was 10 years old
  2. I have memorized Pi out to 100 decimals
  3. I earned my Eagle Scout
  4. I can juggle
  5. I’m an award winning, part time professional magician

Interesting sidenote:
I was taking a beginning statistics class in college and the teacher asked us to list 3 interesting facts about us on a card. I listed 1, 4, and 2 (in that order) and when she saw #2, she didn’t believe it… until I wrote it out for her. She got a real kick out of that.

Interesting facts about ME? Oh, well I could go on and on all night about ME. I’m wonderful in every way.

1. I’ve never had a serious health problem.
  2. I’m very modest.
  3. I’m the smartest person I know.
  4. I’m so handsome it hurts.
  5. I’m rich beyond my wildest dreams.

Only 5? :smiley:

I wanna play! I wanna play! :smiley:

1. I have two tattoos. (Maybe not terribly interesting, but it sure surprises most folks who meet me.)
  2. I have lived overseas.
  3. One of my parents is gay.
  4. I’ve been a piano player for 25 years.
  5. I have a spirit (or ‘totem’) animal.

Does it hurt you, or other people?

:wink:

1. I’m a synesthete (and I know this because of the SDMB).
  2. I knew a serial killer (do a search, it’s been covered here many times).
  3. I went from being an only child up to age five to being the eldest of nine children by the time I was 18.
  4. I can write backwards.
  5. Ummm…

I’m the father of 20 month old twins, with a third baby on the way.

I’ve visited 16 different countries.

I served in the Navy, which is where I got the chance to travel so much.

Political work allowed me to meet a couple of U.S. presidents, and to serve as an usher at Senator John Heinz’s funeral.

Alex Trebek actually asked me about my life like this when I was a Jeopardy contestant myself.

1. I tried out for Jeopardy once. (I failed.)
  2. I played piano and sang ‘Moondance’ at my wedding, backed by the wedding band (band name!).
  3. I was knocked unconscious and robbed in Barcelona when I was 18. (Hola, OpalGato!)
  4. My father and mother and I and my wife and our two children were all born in Los Angeles(This is much rarer than it probably sounds) .
  5. I once worked as a Production Assistant for the Playboy Channel (and I saw naked women! Woo hoo!).

:slight_smile:

1. I can write upsidedown much better then I can normaly.
  2. I can poke my shoulder blade out over 4 inches.
  3. I’ve had at least 1 dog for my entire life besides 1 month.
  4. I can put my legs over my head
  5. My mom and I never fight. I am a teenager.

I know what you mean. I can’t top that, though. My father was born in the L.A. area, but my mother was not. My sisters and I were born in L.A., and my sister’s husband was at least born in California (I think—he’s from Sacramento).

As for my other 4 “interesting” things?

1. I have travelled cross-country (in the US) by bus and by train several times.
  2. I draw, paint, take photos and make pottery, and have sold my works and been in art shows and galleries.
  3. I wrote and self-published a book. (I sell it online.)
  4. I have a huge collection of LPs and CDs of film music, especially music by Jerry Goldsmith and to a lesser extent, John Williams, Ennio Morricone, Bernard Herrmann and many others.

To find 5 interesting things, this’ll take me a while.

1. I once ate an entire turkey.
  2. At the young age of 26 I had to have my gall bladder removed.
  3. I once forgot my own birthday.
  4. I broke my wrist riding a shopping cart down a hill.
  5. naw, sorry I’m stumped on number 5.
  1. I am loaded with trivia and other amazing miscellaneous information.
  2. I never drive freeways.
  3. I can pee standing up.
  4. I can give the Vulcan salute with both hands.
  5. I taught myself to read.
  1. As a toddler, I “played” the piano with Bruce Willis while he was working at my father’s bar.

2. At 24, I’ve never had a serious girlfriend or a job that’s lasted more than 2 weeks (I put those two together because I have a hunch they’re related, somehow).

3. If I were willing to put in the hours (say, 50 of them a week), I could earn a living playing poker.

4. My little brothers are 13 and 15 years younger than I, respectively.

5. I’m a certified Scuba diver.

1. I’ve never had a childhood disease
  2. I’ve never had a broken bone.
  3. I can’t wear rings, watches or bracelets, because I have freakishly small hands.
  4. I’m younger than 2 neices and 1 nephew.
  5. I can pee standing up too! *Then I have to wipe my legs off. * :smiley:
  1. I can play ten different instruments: electric guitar, acoustic guitar, electric bass, upright bass, drums, percussion, piano, hammond, harmonica, recorder and mandolin.

2. I am ambidextrous.

3. I once hotwired a bulldozer and drove it into the Atlantic Ocean.

4. I am one hell of a cook.

5. I went down a black diamond ski slope on a greased cookie sheet, and almost died.

1. I grew up about 10 minutes from where the Martians landed during the War of the Worlds.
  2. I wrote a couple of groundbreaking papers on interaction in virtual reality.
  3. I own a couple of chunks of the original Yellow Brick Road. (The one that, according to–alas, unverifiable–local legend, inspired the one in the Wizard of Oz)
  4. I’ve been north of the Arctic Circle.
  5. I apparently have highly mobile shoulder blades.

And here I thought only I could do that. I can also bend the index finger of my right hand back until it lays flat on the back of my hand. (Ouch, I just tried it, well I used to be able to do it when I was a youngin.)