What are the actual business hours for UPS?

I’m sure most of us have been there before… Awaiting a package from UPS or FEDEX (FEDEX seems to be better about it) and since they say they will deliver during business hours, you really have no choice but to set a day aside to wait for the delivery if it requires a signature.

I’m almost positive that UPS has business hours which are different between businesses and residential homes. However, they don’t mention that. So, here I am at 7 oclock still waiting for the cell phone part which is guaranteed to be delivered today.

So, what’s the deal? What are their ‘business hours’ I understand businesses need their deliveries first and I respect that however, I can’t seem to find the policies.

Any ideas?

UPS deliveries to residential addresses between 9am-7pm, and to businesses during their posted hours.

Cite

With UPS though if you want to do a “hold at station for pickup” their silly stations don’t open until noon. That’s right NOON. Fools.

FedEx is open @ 8:30 in the morning. I love FedEX. My driver is such a nice guy, he goes out of his way to hit me early and will follow up via cell if I’m not home and leave a note on my door.

If I didn’t like my UPS driver so much, I’d bitch and moan. It’s NEVER smart (for me) to have UPS hold a package, especially if it’s a Next Day, because those are typically delivered by, you got it, NOON. UGH! I’ve had UPS show as late as 4:30. Never past 6 though.

When I worked for them, my hours lasted from start time (7:30 IIRC) until I’d emptied my truck. Tried to finish businesses before 5, then any residences that were left. During Christmas, I would sometimes be delivering to homes as late as 10:30pm.

But that was many years ago, so things may have changed.

Not quite. We were scheduled to receive a package some time ago. We called UPS the first day it was suppsoed to be here, and they said “after 5:30”, so we figured no one had to take off from work. Wrong. They showed up at 4:45 and left a note. Oh well.

Next day, they were scheduled to come around 7. 7 came and went, nothing. Time went on. I started calling at 9, thinking maybe the truck had broken down. Nope, he was still out delivering.

Until 11:30 they kept telling me he was on the way! But he never showed.

The following night, he showed up at 9:30, rather surly. I didn’t appreciate being kept up until 11:30 and no package, but I still appreciate that he came the next day, even after his hours.

So they still do it.

I find UPS extremely problematic. Get a notice of attempted delivery on Monday. Call to hold for pickup – can’t do it on Tuesday, it has to be on Wednesday because “it’s already on the truck.” (Well, go and get it off the truck then. No, can’t do it.)

When can I pick up? Before 7 p.m. on weekdays only. No weekend hours, no night time hours for the office. And the pickup point is way out in the middle of nowhere. There’s no way I can get there by 7 p.m. without taking time off from work. Time off from work to pick up a freaking package?

I much prefer U.S. Postal Service. There’s a post office within reasonable distance of pretty much everyone’s house and they have Saturday morning hours. Hooray for government bureaucracy.

It’s even worse here. Our local UPS office hours are 10:30am-12:30pm and 7pm-8pm. There’s always a line. So you call the 800 number instead of stopping by during the business day that they’re not open…the local office doesn’t respond to queries from the customer service center quickly, either. No further comment due to blood pressure concerns.

Here’s the deal, folks. USPS employees are civil servants. UPS employees are Teamsters. Every local bargains on its own, but since UPS is such a strongly regimented workplace to begin with, about the only wiggle room is customer service. So that’s the first thing to go out the window if the local wants it that way.

well I got my package at 8 oclock yesterday. I can honestly say that i will be using fedex in the future for any needs.
He also mentioned that he had one more delivery to do when I asked “Busy night?” Mysolution: hire more employees.

I never thought I’d say this but I have more faith in USPS than a prive delivery service.

My understanding is that postal employees, as civil servants, are also unionized and get pretty good benefits. I don’t begrudge them that one bit, because I have found that U.S.P.S. service is, on the whole, pretty amazingly good.

Wait. Where did I say unions were the problem? The Teamsters are the problem. Those guys would screw up hurricane relief if something could be gained from it.