What are the biggest secrets that remain unrevealed?

W. Mark Felt outed himself as Deep Throat. William Poundstone claims to have identified The Residents. Scientologists believe that we’re haunted by aliens. And there’s this guy named Cecil Adams who’s drawn back his share of curtains.

What are the biggest secrets that remain unrevealed? The formula for Coca-Cola? What exactly happened to Jimmy Hoffa? Whether or not Marilyn Monroe was murdered?

Note: by secret, I mean something that at least a few people out there probably know the answer to. Something that’s unknowable at this point – Judge Crater’s fate, for example, or what happened to the crew of the Marie Celeste – well, those are more mysteries than secrets.

What’s left to uncover?

I’d say Jimmy Hoffa, but I’m from Detroit so that’s a given.

My Dad and I used to drive by the Machus Red Fox restaurant all the time and my Dad would always point out it was the final place Hoffa was seen.

I assume of course he was killed in thrown in a river of chopped up or something else. You know, like all good crooks are.

For my money, it’s got to be the Colonel’s 11 herbs and spices. That why anyone seriously bought an N-Gage.

Seriously though there’s Hoffa and Amelia Earhart. I know there are more, but I’m not enough of a mystery buff to be able to think of them off the top of my head.

Who was Dan (D. B.) Cooper, and what happened to him after his jump?

Him? Oh, he went to prison under a different name and for a different crime.

I would think the murder of JFK would be in the Top Ten.

Did the dingo really take the baby?

Azaria Chamberlain mystery

There’s no secret there. Everyone knows who did it.

Did N. Tesla really invent a death ray in the 1920’s?

No. It was invented c. 1945, but given a distinct retro style so that it became simply a “1920’s style” death-ray.

Mayo

If I knew what it was, it wouldn’t be much of a secret, would it? There have probably been a few very good forgeries that have so far fooled everyone.

Who put the bop in the bop shu bop shu bop?

Similarly, who put the ram in the ram a lama ding dong?

Who let the dogs out!!

There’s ample evidence that Lee Oswald did it, and without help.

Er, what? :confused:

Dead sea scrolls?

What the US’s Iraq intelligence *really * said?

The Dead Sea Scrolls have been published.

What ever happened to the second volume of the poetics of Aristotle?

Tris

Mysteries: What was buried at Oak Island? And by who?

Secrets: Who killed JonBenet?
Where did those three fugitives from the AUM Shinrikyo nerve-gas cult go? (Japan has a universal 15-year statute of limitations, so in a few years they’re quite possibly gone for good)
What was on those 18 minutes of tape?
Why do we park on a driveway and drive on a parkway?

Actually, I know what the biggest secret is, but I’m not going to tell you. It’s a secret.