What are the biggest secrets that remain unrevealed?

What’s happened to the Tucker in Brazil?

The disappearance of THE AMBER ROOM.

Why doesn’t Dick Clark age?

Why, that Dick Clark doesn’t look a day over 65!

Zsa Zsa Gabor’s (and hell - Eva, Magda & Jolie for that matter) actual date of birth.

VCNJ~

I’m fascinated by the Voynich Manuscript. What is it? When was it written and by whom? What does it say exactly? We have educated guesses as to what the book was for, but the handwriting stumps everyone. As an amateur linguist, I’m teaching myself a little math and stats so that I can take a crack at this someday.

Other mysteries that interest me:
Jimmy Hoffa (of course)
Amelia Earhardt (of course)
The whereabouts of Osama Bin Laden.
The location of the tomb of Genghis Khan.

And I don’t think there are any mysteries behind Oak Island or the JFK assassination.

It’s been my impression for the past four decades or so that certain documents, possibly viewed by the Warren Commission, possibly not, are still classified, and can’t be viewed by the public until 2028, or some such year.

Is this true, or just part of the Legend? if there’s a shred of truth to this (maybe they used to be classified but were made public at some point?) I think that shred contributes to conspiracy buffs claiming “There’s more than we can know out there” about the assassination.

That’s a Frequently Asked Question at the National Archives.

The identity of Jack the Ripper. I’m not sure if this is a secret or simply unknowable.

Interesting. There is still some wiggle room, isn’t there, in the following phrases:

“*With a very few exceptions, virtually * all of the records identified as belonging to the Kennedy Collection have been opened *in part * or in full. Those documents that are closed in full or in part were done so in accordance with the Kennedy Act, … all records in the Kennedy Collection will be opened by 2017 unless certified as justifiably closed by the President of the United States.”

From the Social Security Death Index:

Name: Jolie G. Deszigethy
SSN: 092-26-1750
Born: 29 September 1900
Died: 1 April 1997
ZIP code of last residence: 92264 (Palm Springs, Riverside County, California)
ZIP code of last benefit: 92262 (Palm Springs, Riverside County, California)
State (Year) SSN issued: New York (1936-1950)

Name: Magda Gabor
SSN: 131-24-3874
Born: 11 June 1918
Died: 6 June 1997
ZIP code of last residence: 92262 (Palm Springs, Riverside County, California)
State (Year) SSN issued: New York (1936-1950)

Name: Eva Gabor
SSN: 556-22-8699
Born: 11 February 1919
Died: 15 July 1995
ZIP code of last residence: 90077 (Los Angeles, Los Angeles County, California)
State (Year) SSN issued: California (1936-1950)

Zsa Zsa Gabor is still alive.

I know Zsa Zsa is still alive - thanks :slight_smile:

And if anyone could pull the wool over the eyes of the SSA re: dates of birth - it’s the Gabors. :smiley:

VCNJ~

Here ya go, make your own.

2 tablespoons paprika
1 tablespoon onion salt
1 teaspoon celery salt
1 teaspoon rubbed sage
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon ground allspice
1 teaspoon ground oregano
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon basil leaves, crushed
1 teaspoon marjoram leaves, crushed finely

Mix all and keep in an airtight container. To use, mix 4 teaspoons with a cup of flour, a couple spoonfuls of brown sugar and a teaspoon of salt. Coat your chicken and fry. Use a pressure cooker and it will taste exactly like the Colonels.
What I want to know is how many licks does it take to get to the Tootsie Roll center of a Tootsie Pop.

Supposedly, a descendant of Scotland Yard’s Sir Robert Anderson revealed R.A.'s personal hand-annotated copy of his memoirs in which he noted that an East
European Jewish immigrant Aaron Kosminski had been positively identified &
quietly institutionalized so as to avoid a riot against the Jewish community in the area. FBI profiler John Douglas in THE CASES THAT HAUNT US examines pros & cons in the Kosminski theory & concludes that it was either AK himself or someone much like him.

Ever since I’ve read about James Hampton from various sources I have been intrigued.
Lunatic? Genius? Doesn’t matter, but what in the hell are the manuscripts all about?
If you like unsolved stories, delving into weirdness and other stories from the edge ( with a sense of humor), I recommend picking up a copy of Fortean Times at your local bookseller. ( US copies are $10 an issue.)

Sisters born eight months apart to the day?

I suppose it’s theoretically possible, but it sounds distinctly improbable.

That’s easy, it’s 3.

As for the JFK thing, I’m no conspiracy theorist, but it just sounds like there’s more to the story than has been made public. All I meant by mentioning it was that it would be nice to hear the entire story.

You can read the entire story in Gerald Posner’s excellent book Case Closed: Lee Harvey Oswald and the Assassination of JFK.

Hmm, I didn’t notice that about the Gabor sisters. You can get away with lying about your age to the Social Security Administration if you don’t try to collect age-related benefits (when you have to present a birth certificate). The Gabor sisters were probably wealthy enough not to care whether they collected those.

But their ages would also be given in ship passenger manifests from the 1930s, taken from their passports. Those manifests are available on National Archives microfilms.

Who killed Nicole & Ron? I’m still waiting for O.J. to find the real killer…