What are the worst songs from the 90s?

Post as many as you like!

Shut up (and sleep with me)!

Epic win! Oh.My.God. Tomorrow is Bad Nineties Music Day on my FaceBook page. I owe you big time!

Right Said Fred - I’m Too Sexy. I’m not going to link to it…why would I want to link to it?

Achy Breaky Heart

The Macarena, hands down. PM me for my street address and real name so you can send me my prize. I prefer cash.

Poing! by Rotterdam Termination Source is either brilliant or amazingly stupid.

It will be stuck in your heads all day…
My Heart Will Go On.

The answer by far is “Butterfly Kisses” by Bob Carlisle. How this Jesus crap made it onto mainstream radio is beyond my comprehension.

This. Execrable stuff made worse by over-exposure.

I worked the Christmas 1997 season at Barnes and Noble. Over 80% of our foot traffic in the music section consisted of requests for the Titanic soundtrack–which had long since sold out. Reasons for this phenomenon elude me to this day.

Except for Poing and Shut up, I’ve already got the others and couldn’t agree MORE!

The basic rules:
Must be a song that most people would at least vaguely recognize.
Must have a video link.

Thanks!

Can I just say ALL OF THEM?

That is probably the time period when I gave up on popular music and turned to listening to classical… :slight_smile:

Can I just say ALL OF THEM?

That is probably the time period when I gave up on popular music and turned to listening to classical… :slight_smile:

Man, I was hoping that the “NOW That’s What I Call Music!” series was from earlier in the '90s, but it looks like they just covered 1999-2000.

But if you want to be reminded of how much 1999 sucked, check out the series on The AV Club that goes over all the songs from 5 volumes of this collection. With videos :slight_smile:

OMC, “How Bizarre”
Lou Bega, “Mambo No. 5”
Semisonic, “Closing Time”
The Wallflowers, “One Headlight”
Smash Mouth, “All Star”

Those are all pretty inoffensive, decent songs. Not great, but surely not the worst…

mmm bop

Well if you’re me and your work plays some sort of 90s mix ALL DAY EVERY DAY and you hear Mambo #5 at least once per day and your weird annoying loud coworker just LOVES that song and SINGS it horribly awkwardly every time you just go from “this song is dumb” to “KILL IT WITH FIRE”

I thought I would love 90s mix but they don’t play Alice in Chains all day and similar so it actually sucks…

There’s a good one. Jesus. How horrible was that?

Point taken. I recall a thread bitching about the sandwich chain Jimmy John’s…one thing they DO have going for them is they play a relentless barrage of GOOD 1990’s rock…Soundgarden, Alice, Nirvana, etc.

Going in there is like stepping back in time.