worst songs?

what are some of the worst songs youve ever heard?

Chief’s Domain - http://www.seas.ucla.edu/~ravi

Oh, man, I run screaming out of the room when Pearl Jam’s “Last Kiss” starts up on the radio.

“Me fail English? That’s unpossible!”

“English? Who needs that? I’m never going to England.”

“Eve of Destruction.”

“My Heart Will Go On,” because it’s not that great a song to begin with and I’m really, really sick of hearing it.

Any song where the lead (usually female) vocalist thinks it’s more important to show off her vocal range than follow the melody, e.g. “Iiiii-ih-iiiii will a-hah-hah-halways lo-hove yoooo-hooo-OOOOOOOOO…”

Any song where the singer (about equal here) decides that their current stream of consiousness is more interesting than the actual lyrics (Bleeding Gums Murphy’s rendition of “The Star-Spangled Banner” on the Simpsons, which lasted 25 minutes, is a prime example of what I’m talking about).

I started a thread based on the awfulness of “Last Kiss.” Ick.

That’s not the worst I’ve heard, though. That honor goes to “MacArthur Park,” the Richard Harris version. Second suckiest song in the history of songs has got to be Bobby Goldsboro’s “Honey.” I cannot adequately express the depth of my hatred for that song.

I also vote for last kiss

Oh and that song “loving you”

Don’t let the loveless ones sell you a world wrapped in grey.

Oh. I thought this was gonna be the worst song EVER.

Anything by the New Kids on the Block. Shit, anything by ANY manufactured boy band

“Disco Duck”.

“Cheery Pie” by Winger, or Warrent, or one of those other poser 80’s bands.

Celene Dion’s “My Heart Will Go On”. Whatever, as long as this song will go on…a long trip away from me.

God, there’s sooo many…I’ve got all of the Eighties to pull from, much LESS the seventies!

And yeah, “Last Kiss” gives me siezures. Not the good kind, either.

You say “cheesy” like that’s a BAD thing.

“My Heart Will Go On”–Please make it go away, now!
anything by Sheryl Crow or Alanis Morrisette
anything by Backstreet Boys/N’Sync

I would mention “Last Kiss”, but it’s been done to death.

“Of course, that’s just my opinion; I could be wrong.”–Dennis Miller

I agree, hands down “MacArthur Park” has got to be one of the most wretched songs I have ever heard. Both versions suck. The metaphores are horrid.

Oh and i hate any song where the guitars are emphasized over anything else (heavy metal).

Get this you guys…I work in an orthodontist’s office…I have to hear all these songs and MORE – EVERY DAY on the ‘lite rock’ station! Unless he decides to play some CD’s…then it’s even worse! Phantom of the Opera and Les Miserables! Ahhhhhhh!

An old 70s song, Seasons In the Sun by Terry Jacks (?). Definitely in the Top 10 Hits from Hell…

Oh yeah, In the Year 2525 should also be in Satan’s hit parade as well. God, I can’t believe I listened to that shit.

“…send lawyers, guns, and money…”

Warren Zevon

Downtown train by Tom Waits…and anything sung by Tom Waits. The guy could not carry a tune in a bucket!

Unforgiven

Hey I like Tom Waits

Celine Dion makes me want to punch something especially that damned Titanic Song.

All the boy group crappola out there.

Kiss me…by whoever. Its the one they are driving into the ground on all the music stations. Its really starting to grate my nerves

I’ve always hated “All by Myself”, and then Celine Dion had to do a remake of it. UGH! Anybody singing such drivel deserves to be alone.

Everything Celine Dion has ever sung, be it in English or in French. She’s taking a few years off now…let us rejoice!

Everything by Mariah Carey, Backstreet Boys, NKOTB, all the other glossy bands (the list is endless). I want substance!

I’m sure I’ll think of others.

I prefer rogues to imbeciles because they sometimes take a rest.
Alexandre Dumas the Younger (1824-1895)

“I Feel Like a Bullet in the Gun of Robert Ford” by Elton John
“Sorry seems to be the Hardest Word” by Elton John
“My Sweet Lady” by John Denver
Anything by Seals and Crofts
“Feelings” by Morris Albert

That flea-brained song “thank you, thank you, etc.” that is warbled all over the place.

Oh, and the Brittany Spears song where she sounds like she is in the toilet and trying very hard but not having any luck!

Number 2 would be Sweet Child of Mine;sounds like a cat schreeching. Number one would be a song I heard on Dr.Demento called D.O.A. by Bloodrock.The music and the vocals are so dungeonlike,its sick.Last time I heard it,I ran and turned the radio off.EEEEH!

Oh Bluepony…I had buried the memories of those songs so far down into the recesses of my brain, I thought I’d never hear them again. Now I’ve got all these horrible repressed memories flooding to the surface. Thanks. :wink:

Anything ever sung by Bobby Goldsboro–“Honey,” “Watching Scotty Grow” . . . I feel queasy just thinking about it.

Last Kiss? Sweet Child of Mine? Man, I actually like those songs. I rarely listen to the radio(I have over 500 CD’s), and I don’t own Last Kiss, so maybe it just hasn’t been played out for me yet.