What are we to do with these insects we refer to as Republicans?

Disbelieving what people claim about their own thoughts may be insulting and dismissive, and it may not necessarily be accurate, but it’s not “dehumanizing”.

There are plenty of human beings who make dishonest claims about their own thoughts, and it’s not dehumanizing you for Evil Economist to suggest that you’re one of them. (I’m not saying I necessarily agree with him on that suggestion, just that I think you’re overdramatizing it.)

Cogito ergo sum

Yeah, and cogito, ergo mentiri possum. Being able to lie about one’s thoughts is entirely human, and accusing somebody of lying is not “dehumanizing” them.

There’s so much sarcasm in this thread I am completely lost.

@ The Plutonium Kid - I don’t know if you are hate-filled vermin, or just one of the many millions of Americans gulled by FoxNews and tweets from @TheRealDonaldTrump who are too stupid to change the channel.

I hope for your sake that it’s the latter. In that case, don’t take my comments personally; just use them to understand how you come across to someone who doesn’t hate facts, who doesn’t reject humane values, who doesn’t believe only “Christians” should be allowed as U.S. citizens. There’s even a fair chance that you and many of your ilk think that you are well-informed and righteous, and that it is OP and I who seem detached from reality. In that case, throttle your emotions and use my post as a learning experience.

:eek: :confused: Wow!! What hateful speech. Do you wear the label “vermin” proudly?

And your post is gibberish from beginning to end. Like many sinners you assume others are infected with your own sins. It’s your ilk (assuming you are a Trumpist or a Republican or one of the vermin who have usurped the label “conservative”) that like to lock children in cages. It’s your ilk that brags about how many guns you have. It’s your ilk that applauds when a cop shoots an innocent black. It’s your ilk that applauds when Muslims with valid visas are turned back at our border for the crime of being Muslim.

It’s your ilk that supports the treasonous actions of Trump and other Gopsters to steal elections. It’s your ilk which has twisted the religion of loving Christianity into a religion of hatred and greed.

And, most relevantly to your absurd post, it is your ilk which delights in violence. (“I had to shoot him, officer. He didn’t look Caucasian so I had to assume he was going to kill me.”) If it comes to Civil War, Trumpists versus the non-vermin, it is your side that will win. OP and I exaggerate our words because we are so angry. It is your ilk that really would murder your political opponents with pride.

Don’t worry about centrists and liberals sending you to work camps. That’s not who we are. That’s who you are.

If you are a “conservative” in the old 20th-century sense but do not support criminals, pederasts, corporate whores and kleptocrats then say so explicitly in bold-face, as I instructed above. Otherwise, especially given the hate-filled post I excerpted above, I must assume you are indeed evil vermin.

hth

‘We?’

Since you are a nobody, I’d say ‘no.’ And, a word of advice: work on your people skills.

[quote=“Kimstu, post:203, topic:841076”]

Yeah, and cogito, ergo mentiri possum. Being able to lie about one’s thoughts is entirely human, and accusing somebody of lying is not “dehumanizing” them.[/QUOTE

Depends of what the lie is supposed to be, Evil Economist accused me of lying when I said that right wing extremist that murder people are awful, not whether I ate that cookie or not. I think the implied message is that I secretly approve of right wing extremism or violence, is that right Evil Economist?

In addition there is no explanation given on why Evil Economist choose to believe that, since I am 100% certain that I have never said a word in support of extremism or violence, right or any other wing.

What all that adds up to is that IMO Evil Economist is more comfortable with me as a strawman rather than a real person. Something you yourself have done repeatedly in the past, so no wonder you’d chime in to support that sort of behaviour.

Perhaps this time the message will successfully navigate the obtuse angles of your mind, when you decide to substitute what another person thinks and believes, what another person is, for a convenient, self serving caricature, you are dehumanizing that other person at the most basal level of what being a person means.

There is nothing centrist or classically liberal in advocating the elimination of widely accepted fundamental human rights on the basis of the lack of humanity of one’s political opponents. Asahi is just explicitly stating what many on this board believe.

iiandyiiii, the strawmen liberals are here.

I never denied the existence of individuals with harmful beliefs on any side. But you’ve condemned liberals as a group, and falsely claimed we are more likely to oppose free speech than conservatives (in addition to your silly free speech martyr complex). That’s what I’ve criticized, as well as your generally lazy posting style.

Wow, some of you guys seem to really dislike each other. Maybe we should put up a wall to separate you, maybe flanked with trenches containing snakes and alligators.

The careful phrasing of this is way scarier than anything else in this thread.

TIL that a “thorny locust” is a tree, not an insect. Good to know.

Bricker was a disingenuous asshole who deserved quite a lot of the shit he got, even if I didn’t see the full volume of it. His main shtick was to start endless “liberal hypocrisy” threads using the formulation “If one liberal says or does a thing, we can claim it’s representative of liberal ideology or actions as a whole even if there is ample evidence to the contrary, whereas if even one conservative doesn’t say or do a thing, it can’t be assumed to be representative of conservative ideology or actions as a whole even if there is ample evidence to the contrary.” I don’t deny his substantial positive contributions to the board in many ways but his fundamental dishonesty and hypocrisy in all political matters are not fully mitigated by them.

You mean in the way that the current administration is currently detaining immigrants including children in camps lacking adequate food, clothing, shelter and medical supplies - or indeed where Joe Arpaio held prisoners in even worse conditions - where there have already been multiple deaths? Is that the sort of thing you’re worried about? How about ICE rounding up people without proper warrants, including several American citizens, and detaining them indefinitely without legal representation or due process? I mean, if you’re concerned about these things happening, you must be furious with the Trump administration.

Meanwhile this week it’s been revealed that Trump has actively been suggesting US troops shoot immigrants (which include everyone from grandparents to toddlers) to “protect the border”. It’s funny how these things you’re worried about liberals doing are things being advocated or have already been implemented by Republicans.

I’m guessing there’s a few women who might have some views on that one.

I don’t follow what you’re saying except that somehow it’s my fault you’re a bigot.

I think it’s part and parcel of the whole identity politics angle that the GOP and far-right have been carefully setting up for the past couple of decades. First they set their audience up to fear the poor/ethnic people, and then used that to demonize their opposition party (Democrats), and now that they have a chance, I think the natural impulse for people who’ve been afraid and now aren’t, is to fight back against what they feared- poor/ethnic people and/or the Democratic party. So in their mind, this is righteous, as they’re fighting back against a perceived threat to them and theirs.

Meanwhile, everyone who wasn’t afraid, or who doesn’t think it’s a good idea to go on the attack has left the party and ideology, leaving only those who feel that going on the attack is a good thing.

And this also partially explains their love for Trump, as he’s both an irritant to the other side, and he spouts a lot of hot air about being a streetfighter, hitting back twice as hard, etc… so in their mind, he’s sort of a perfect avatar, once you overlook the other stuff like the infidelity, sexism, etc… which I’m sure they rationalize in one of two ways- great men are like that (didn’t help Clinton), or that they don’t like it, but that in their view, in his case, the good outweighs the bad.

This is by no means an apologetic post for them FYI; consider it more like a “know your enemy” sort of intelligence brief.

I’m not saying it’s good, but I think it’s a good explanation of what we’re seeing.

Just wait until the comparisons to cats start to come around, then we’ll have even more weird ass-threads.

You think asahi is going to start comparing Trumpeters to cats? Inconceiveable!

I like cats.

I don’t like the OP (post, not judging the poster) but I have to say that a god damn moderator of this message board making lists of posters to single them out rubs me the wrong way. I was about to bail on reading the rest of the thread when I saw Bone’s list of people.

Both the list and the OP are in extremely bad fucking taste, in my opinion.

If you ask me, we need to declaw the alleycats in the White House.

It reminds me of the scene in Jacob’s Ladder where the soldiers all start fighting with “the enemy.” I think asahi’s even doing that twitchy head-shaking thing.

That’s some real grade-A sanctimonious bullshit.