What are you listening to right now?

At this moment, I’m listening to the hum of the refrigerator and the slight ringing of in my right ear.

Baby monitor. My nearly 3-year-old son making up excuses for not sleeping. The crackling of a Nyquil wrapper as I attempt to knock myself out.

Ahem…that should be “slight ringing of ***tinnitus *** in my right ear.”

Classic rock, or in general? My tastes have greatly expanded since the days when I only listened to pop-country, and some of my favorite genres are trip hop, industrial, progressive rock, symphonic metal, dark cabaret, synthpop, post-grunge, and various flavors of goth. My two most recent earworms have been *Sex on Fire *by Kings of Leon and Acid Tongue by Jenny Lewis.

So far as classic rock goes, I like the Beatles, the Animals, the Monkees, Simon and Garfunkel, Queen, Pink Floyd, and Led Zeppelin.

Suggest away.

He Lays In The Reigns, live, by Calexico and Iron & Wine.

Fields of Gold by Eva Cassidy.

I’m on a Julieta Venegas kick and the song playing right now is Oleada.

I was going to post something similar. God, I love the Beatles. :slight_smile:

The Mummy soundtrack is in my van CD player right now; I’m alternating between it and my Sirius radio, depending on my mood.

Play With Bootsy (Collins). I can’t stop listening to this thing.

Stick around for the cute singer…Kelli Ali from the Sneaker Pimps (Spin Spin Sugar).

I love her. Her cover of Sin Documentos gives me chills.

Aesiron, don’t feel too bad having recently discovered the Beatles. The 90s was my era (age 7 to 17) and I was in college before I discovered Red Hot Chili Peppers, Nirvana, or Weezer. I was the uncoolest teenager on the planet, having fed myself a steady diet of Christian rock music and country. Yeah.

A State of Trance 2008 by Armin van Buuren. Up next: Don’t Look Back by Bliss.

Betty Hutton singing Murder, He Says

Not a Bach fan, but Adagio in G Minor brings tears to my eyes.

Nah…it’s the smell of colitas rising through the air…:smiley:

Right this minute? I have a playlist going of all my Eminem CDs

Any last.fm members here?

You should check out Lambretta, if you like Swedish pop. They are (were, maybe) also fronted by a gorgeous blonde :wink:

Diamanda Galas’ Plague Mass.

Kate Bush, The Kick Inside

Intriguing…

Howard Stern on Sirius internet radio. Artie’s back, but I still don’t regret putting him on my death pool…

Joe

“It’s Ain’t the Meat, It’s the Motion” by the Swallows, a bit of smutty 50s R&B. The iPod is on “shuffle everything” while I work on the house a bit. The previous song was some Hawaiian slack-key instrumental.

If you haven’t heard, iTunes is now DRM-free on all songs, which is nice. But guess when I the only time I ever bought a song with DRM as opposed to iTunes Plus—that’s right, the day before they made the changeover! Oh well, it’s only another $1.20.

Valete,
Vox Imperatoris