What are you listening to right now?

Wavering Saints “Fuck You, I Have Magical Powers”

21st Century Schizoid Man by King Crimson

Billy Bragg, “Waiting for the Great Leap Forward”

Lately I’ve listened a lot to “The Thought Chapter” by Color Theory and the self-titled album by Argyle Street.

The San Patricios by the Fenians. You can listen to it here- scroll down to the mp3s.

It’s awesome.

Miles Davis - Kind of Blue

No shit. If you’re only on Please Please Me, you’ve got a world of awesome coming at you.

Tomaso Giovanni Albinoni.

Apparently Pandora Internet Radio thinks he sounds like Bach.

You’re right, that was pretty awesome.

Also, The Sign by Ace of Base. Linn Berggren (the blonde in pigtails) is hot in that video! And I don’t know what it is about Scandinavian pop music, but countless times (although I knew before that Ace of Base is Swedish) I have run across an artist or listened to their music on Pandora, only to look them up and find they’re from Denmark, Norway, or Sweden (with Germany being the second-most country/region). I don’t purposefully seek out Scandinavian music, but I’d say the majority of my collection is, which is really weird. For example, The Cardigans are apparently Swedish, Whigfield is Danish, Smile.dk (despite the name) is Swedish, Annie is Norwegian, etc.

Valete,
Vox Imperatoris

Minha Teimosia, Uma Arma Pra Te Conquistar and the rest of the album, A Tábua de Esmeralda by Jorge Ben.

Do people exist in the western world who haven’t heard the Beatles? I knew their songs before I had my first record player.

I knew of them, but didn’t really know any of their music until the past two years, and I’m a soon to be 27 year old American. It comes from being raised on only one or two musical genres (country, in my case) and not being all that musically curious or adventurous as a child and teen.

I’ve spent the past four years trying to catch up, but still have a lot of giants, both old and new, that I’m still not that familiar with.

I knew of them, but didn’t really care for them for the longest time.
Then I got the White album, and I loved a lot of songs on it, but I always hated their early stuff, so I just avoided it as they were too “soft” for me- I just happened to REALLY like Helter Skelter and Happiness (Is a Warm Gun).
Then when I was just out of college, I finally decided to pick up another Beatles album, and I got Abby Road. :eek:
After that, I became a Beatles Fan.

And then came Across the Universe the movie for me, and that’s whats made me more accepting of their softer sounds. But I def. love the beatles now, but I’m def. a fan of Abby Road and the later stuff more than the early stuff, but it’s ALL great!

For the last couple of days I’ve been shuffling through five CDs worth of mp3s.
Todd Rundgren’s Utopia Theme just finished and we’ve moved to
Ian Moore’s How Does It Feel and then (because I couldn’t remember Ian Moore’s name)
the Who’s Won’t Get Fooled Again.

I don’t care too much for the Beatles on the whole, but I do prefer their early songs (or at least ones in their early style) to most of their their “hippie”-era songs. (Back in the U.S.S.R., which is one of my favorite of their songs, is the main era exception I’m thinking of.)

Valete,
Vox Imperatoris

Tronic by Black Milk, which I just picked up over the weekend.

It’s fucking incredible. Been listening to nothing else for the past few days.

What are you finding that you like? 'Cause there are a lot of us here who love nothing better than turning people on to new (or old as the case may be) music.

Oh, and now Fire! by the Crazy World Of Arthur Brown has given way to Father by the Why Store.

Oh, and I should mention that Blümchen is famous on the internet for “Heut’ Ist Mein Tag”, the Secret Nazi song on YTMND (link on the meme). I actually found her through the suggestions on Last.fm, though, and only found the YTMND thing later. The really funny thing is that I also came across the Secret Communist song (the English version—All the Things She Said by t.A.T.u.) on Pandora before I read about that.

Valete,
Vox Imperatoris

Frank Zappa, “The Torture Never Stops”