What are your plans for St. Patrick's Day?

I’m due to have a baby on Saint Patrick’s Day this year.

So I’ll be sitting at home with my feet up, feeling swollen and grumpy.

Happy Hour at the bar, then get the hell out of town before the college kids come out.

and get off mah lawn!!

This Saturday is the big celebration in Chicago. My day will probably go something like:

House party -> Eat -> Bar -> Bar -> Eat -> Sleep -> Bar/Concert -> House party -> Sleep

Going to be a long day.

Nada.

St Patrick’s Day is my birthday. Which is handy.

(Although I will be at work till late, so celebration will probably have to wait till the weekend.)

I haven’t had it in a long long time but growing up it was a staple on Saint Patrick’s Day and even though I don’t eat much beef now I am tempted to give it a try again. I made colcannon a few years ago and I ate it for about a week so if I make that again I am definitely cutting the recipe down. Anyway, do have a good recipe for corned beef?

Corned beef, cabbage, potatos, carrots, mustard, soda bread, Guiness and John Wayne’s The Quiet man, it’ll be perfect, because I’m a really good cook.

I’ll send my better half over to test your hypothesis. :slight_smile:

I’m presenting at a conference the next day, so it looks like a very sober St. Patrick’s Day.

I might reference this March 18 post by TwistofFate:

I will be attending Day 1 of a two day seminar on foreclosure prevention. And then likely retiring to my hotel room hoping the wifi will let me play WoW. If it works, maybe I can finally get the seahorse mount I can’t seem to get on my regular satellite isp at home.

It’s not the actual day, but my vintage scooter club will be riding in the Denver St. Paddy’s Day parade this Saturday. On the actual day, I’ll probably head out for happy hour, then get off the roads before it becomes “Amateur Night”.

Going to a bar for Irish Whiskey and Guinness. Traditionally, a group of Irish Folks will sing the “Irish National Anthem”. Not the real one, but one with some nasty lyrics. For many years I actually believed it was the real one, but embarrassed myself a few years ago displaying my ignorance.

I tried to be all cool and get a bunch of girls together for a “you are the only single people I know anymore” night out. And I wanted to try a fondue restaurant. Everyone was busy until after the 15th so I said “Hey let’s go on the 17th and pretend we’re celebrating St. Patrick’s Day!”

So we decided to go on the 17th, and then someone found a flyer for “double date night” at the fondue restaurant, which was on the 17th. We totally couldn’t get a reservation. pout

Now I am officially doing nothing on St. Patrick’s Day, which is not unusual for me. Unless you count my eye doctor appointment at 4:40.

Go to work (wearing green if I remember to), go home and play WoW, hope Mrs. Homie remembers to cook corned beef.

She’d be welcome, i’m home at 6:00 pm :slight_smile:

If you are anywhere near Cleveland, you are welcome to pop by.

8:30 AM starts the day with breakfast being served at my house for about 10 of my friends. Eggs, bacon, sausage, muffins, fruit, and Guinness and/or Irish Coffee. Around 10:00 some people may head over to watch the St. Patrick’s Day Parade near my house. By 1:00 we are all ready to move on to our favorite pub for the rest of the day and into the night. Much drinking followed by a cab ride home that I’ll probably not even remember.

March 18th is usually the worst day at work of the entire year.

Mine too! Hopefully will be getting together with my friends…

Same for me. When I was younger and inclined to care, I’d wear my “Thank God I’m Polish” button on March 17, but I don’t even know where it is now.

I’ll swap you some lasagna for your share of corned beef and cabbage.