What are your plans for St. Patrick's Day?

I’ll be eating a humongous corned beef on rye sandwich from the deli, watching “The Quiet Man”, and splitting a Guiness with Mr. Sali. Then fall asleep. (Maybe sing a chorus or two of “Who Put The Overalls In Mrs. Murphy’s Chowder” over the phone to some complete stranger picked out of the phone book…oh wait, I did that when I was 10! :D)

Like Baker said my Parish is St. Patrick’s. We’ll be having an “Eve of St. Patrick’s” service on Wednesday night. The day itself will be a regular day for me. I’ll work, wear green and might do a small corned beef and cabbage for supper.

Our churchwide celebration will be on Saturday the 19th. This means I get to spend the day cookin’. We do corned beef and cabbage, all kinds of boiled root veggies, “Irish” stew (made with beef. It’s official name is, "St. Patrick’s Episcopal It’s Irish Because We Say So Stew. :D), soda bread and various cakes and such. I’ve been promised a very adult Irish whiskey cake just for the cooks. Oh and of course, green beer. I am on official stew duty. It’s gonna be a little sad this year because my partner in stew making for many years died this past November so this will be the first time without him. RIP Ron. A Guiness Stout (or six) shall be consumed in your memory.

I’m heading to Amsterdam tomorrow morning and staying till Wed. (A friends 40th and a few of us are going over to surprise him). I’ll be back here for Paddy’s but always avoid Town like the plague as it’s like the last days of Sodom and Gomorrah a few hours after the parade finishes.

I plan to spend most of it in bed with my new lovely girlfriend :cool:

We’ll probably go to our Irish friend’s Irish pub for a pint or two too many. The following day is Bag Day at the Irish Pub in Atlantic City. The bar is packed with people w/paper bags on their heads from about 11:00 AM onwards. “No bag? No booze!”

That sounds like fun. It’s looking like I’ll have to do work on Paddy’s day :frowning: so no fun. I suppose I’ll just have to celebrate it tonight instead.

I telecommute for a company based in Savannah, and I’ve been told to take the day off since it’s such a big deal there. I have not yet decided what, if anything, I’ll do to celebrate locally. If I’m feeling better by then, I suppose I’ll at the very least find a nearby Irish pub to get drunk at.

Haven’t decided- day off work for the first time in years- if my mum takes irishbaby irishfella and I might do something together- otherwise it’ll be irish stew, a few beer and a DVD.

Buy a few more what exactly?

I’m going to drag out some photos of Clonakilty and pretend I am back there.

I’m sure she means that she’s going to buy some more corned beef briskets, and put them in the freezer. After all, the things are already pickled, so buying them the day after won’t mean that they’ve gone bad.

Hmmmm, if I was in Tokyo I could properly celebrate, but as I’m not I’ll probably just get roaring drunk ^^

I don’t celebrate St. Patrick’s Day.

I’ll bet your yard is full of snakes.

Irish beer tent at Moe’s Pub after work. Beer of choice: Smithwick’s.

I’m going out Thursday night, but not for St. Patrick’s. My alma mater Gonzaga is playing around 6:30 pm in the NCAA tournament. I just hope the “amateur hour” drunks don’t drown out the game.

Not celebrating it, really. It’s amateur night. I’m a professional drinker :slight_smile:

But I am meeting some friends to play trivia, and we’re all a little :dubious: about having to share the trivia space with “woowooOMGI’mSODRUNK” girls and “DUUUUUDE” boys. It’s not normally a bar that is known for that crowd, but St. Patty’s seems to bring 'em out of the woodwork.

Yes, please.

If things go well on the 16th, I mean several things need to fall into place for this to happen. But if they do, I plan on posting on a message board.

The St Patrick’s Day mass has gone off well, with the usual massive crowds, green trimmings and maudlin tears during *Hail Glorious Saint Patrick *at the end.

My plan so far is to wear a green shirt. That’s about it.

Yep, I’m a wild and crazy guy. :rolleyes:

I’m working tomorrow night at an Irish bar in Evanston. Should be fun, I get off work at 10pm so it won’t be too late of a night.