What are your plans for watching the Super Bowl?

Friend is doing the standard sb party. A lot of people in a small space, really good chili, lots of beer. Already made plans to come in Monday afternoon.

So, when is this going to be?

My wife will watch it. I’ll be in the other room, watching* Law and Order* reruns. Or something.

I’m going fly fishing in the Shenandoah National Park. I think I might have the entire river to myself. On the drive home I’ll say to myself, oh right there’s some kind of game today.

I will run with my drinking club with a running problem group in the afternoon and then watch the Superbowl at the host’s apartment.

I haven’t watched since 1981 (and has skipped several years before that when I was working for Spencer Gifts*). A few years ago, we were looking for a date to hold a convention committee meeting and agreed we all could make it Super Bowl Sunday (and wouldn’t watch the game).

This year, I’ll probably watch a movie.

*Who always did inventory on Super Bowl Sunday, starting when the mall closed at 5:00. :rolleyes:

I do what I always do - sit at home alone, watch the game, and try to time dinner so it’s during halftime.

On-on!

Watch the game with my Dad.

Having a few neighbors over; burgers, chili, beer, et cetera. Don’t really follow sports much myself, but it’s a good excuse for a party.

Just remembered I have to hook up the rabbit ears to the TV, too. Hate to forget that little detail (again) :smack:

Our local sports bar’s Super Bowl party has been getting crazier and crazier each year: squares games, fifty-fifty draws, door prizes, and a few hundred people, many of whom are loaded by halftime. Too many distractions; the game is almost an afterthought.

My buddy and I actually want to see the game, so this year, we will be heading off to a bar that has no plans for any kind of celebration. It does, however, have cold beer on tap, and good food.

this year was ribs and munchies. Next year I’m building a time machine so I can go back and watch something else. The game sucked, the commercials sucked, and the half time sucked.

Should have cooked a turkey. A big dose of tryptophan would have made the game more tolerable.

When is it?