We were supposed to head out on May 22 and return on June 2. I had hotel reservations. I arranged for the doggies to be boarded. I asked my neighbor to bring in the mail. I was psyched. I was ready. I was disappointed.
My kid can’t get the time off. She and her friend (who was going to go with us) both work at the roller rink and it turns out the rink is holding an all-night skate in honor of the end of school. (Last day here is May 22) They only have so many employees and they can’t afford to have two off the same time. So we had to postpone.
I don’t know what we’re going to do or when we’re going to do it. But I’m bummed. So cheer me up - tell me what you’re going to be doing. At least I can live vicariously thru you until I can get my spouse and kid to commit to other plans. Meanwhile, I’m going to contact the hotel and the kennel and my parents and the neighbor… <deep sad sigh>